Don't upgrade to Firefox 15 yet

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swirt

Forum founder. Former Owner.
Reaction score
It was just brought to my attention, and I confirmed it, that if you download the newest update of Firefox (15.0) then you won't be able to save a forum post here on the forum. WHen you try to post something, firefox removes the contents of the Body field before it saves, so then it tries to save an empty body... which it can't do. You then lose all your hard work. I am looking into this.... but for now, don't upgrade if you want to be able to keep using firefox and this forum.

i already did and it's creating havoc for me! rats!! will have to try to roll back. in the meantime, i'm using ie to post here.

I wish these dang browsers would stick to the standards. I'm in the process of migrating my website to HTML5 from HTML 4.01 Transitional. Talk about reinventing the wheel!
I'm going leaner and meaner with the website.

I wish these dang browsers would stick to the standards. I'm in the process of migrating my website to HTML5 from HTML 4.01 Transitional. Talk about reinventing the wheel!
I'm going leaner and meaner with the website..
Proud Texan said:
I finally took the plunge, quit doing it manually, and went with a WordPress theme. Love it. Got to admit, they're better than I am, and they handle the updates to keep up with the times. No turning back.

Just bumping this with a new comment so it can be seen, I've been getting a bunch of emails.
I am keeping an eye on this problem and am trying to come up with a solution. The problem at the moment is a bit out of my hands as it is a Firefox problem. I am working on a couple workarounds, but so far they are causing more harm than good with the IE and Chrome.
Just wanted y'all to know I have not forgotten about the issue.

I'm going to switch to a different WYSIWYG editor in order to get around this problem ... things may go bumpy for a bit and we will lose some features like the smiley selector until I have a chance to reconnect them to the new editor.

Grrr this is a :pita:
Here is the new WYSIWYG..... I'm not in love with it... but it works.... I have to re-connect our custom smileys and the image attach is not working yet...but it is getting there.

ehh it works with firefox So that is something.

Thanks and sorry to be the pain that contacted you. I just cannot go back to IE.
This was with Firefox

Good day ~! I'm William Benton & I'm also planning to upgrade my browser .. hope it works with mine ^^ Thank you ~!
[/td][/tr][/table]

i already did and it's creating havoc for me! rats!! will have to try to roll back. in the meantime, i'm using ie to post here..
seashanty said:
i already did and it's creating havoc for me! rats!! will have to try to roll back. in the meantime, i'm using ie to post here.
Same thing here, that's why I've been quiet for the past few days. (Don't all cheer).
Working again this morning. I've notices that my Java has updated several times over the past couple of days, so maybe it was that rather than FF directly.

Just bumping this with a new comment so it can be seen, I've been getting a bunch of emails.
I am keeping an eye on this problem and am trying to come up with a solution. The problem at the moment is a bit out of my hands as it is a Firefox problem. I am working on a couple workarounds, but so far they are causing more harm than good with the IE and Chrome.
Just wanted y'all to know I have not forgotten about the issue..
I recently downloaded Chrome. Since then discovered my HP Photosmart will not come up and there is a new photo edit as part of Picasa. I made the connection that Chrome is the culpert today when I was in 64-bit ie and it told me Chrome had stopped working. I then tried Photo Smart again and it worked - first time in weeks!

i already did and it's creating havoc for me! rats!! will have to try to roll back. in the meantime, i'm using ie to post here..
seashanty said:
Same thing here, that's why I've been quiet for the past few days. (Don't all cheer).
Working again this morning. I've notices that my Java has updated several times over the past couple of days, so maybe it was that rather than FF directly.
OK I will try again on FF.
Yay! It works again! And, yes, these emoticons are awful!

Drum roll please................
Edited to say - Yea!!! Back to FF from IE.
Ewww those smiles are bad! - But I could not use the ones in IE - in fact no editing at all.

Back