Door Challenged Guests

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Yes, here I am again on this same flippin' topic once again. No matter what I do other than open the stinkin' door like a doorman, people can't work out doors in this house.
I give them a small clip of paper with front door code and on it it says to turn knob and push door open. Do they really think punching in a code and a 100+ year old door will just POP OPEN? I mean, let's look at a hotel room door, slide the card in, push down on the knob and does the door pop open? NO YOU HAVE TO PUSH IT OPEN. Those doors require brute force to get them open!
Lock themselves in, lock themselves out, the code doesn't work, I walk out punch it in and open the door right in front of them. "OH" they say. Not sure what else to do, people need to figure it out!
Bless their hearts.
smileystooges.gif

I thought you meant guests challenged by more than one door. Ours get confused as to which one is the entrance, upstairs or downstairs. God forbid they should have a door code to contend with as well.

I had one today that started off like he was going to be a problem...never closed the door. I stood and watched this afternoon as he walked out the door and down the stairs. And then came right back up and closed the door and left again. No idea what synapse fired, but it did.

Back