DOPEY STAIRS DESCENDERS

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
SERIOUSELY BOOM BOOM BOOM from a rolling suitcase going down each step in a LOUD SLAM - Things were coming off the walls in this room!!!
My monitor was shaking was from side to side! I just ran out there! I grabbed the bloody thing from her hands, and said LET ME HELP YOU Things are coming off the walls in my office. Giggle giggle.
smileystooges.gif

My staircase is 125 years old and worth about $200K and they still do it.

I love your new avatar!! I saw sooooo many of those suitcases at the airports Friday and yesterday. Rollers make them easier to make them heavier - they do not have to pick them UP!! What some people tried to put in the overhead compartments!! I thought one man sitting across the aisle was going to get a concussion when the woman missed getting her suitcase in the compartment and it slipped. She managed to catch it but I was glad I was not near her. It says CARRY-on but they roll on. Mine weighed a ton but I was carrying it - the tote bag I took to Germany has no wheels.

We have a brick staircase outside. Big chunks taken out of it from suitcases.

I'm thinking about your post a couple of months ago that started out something like, "STOP IT! Stop it I say! You have been pounding over my head for an hour! What are you doing up there?!"
Maybe your final solution is going to have to be a good set of ear plugs
:)

I'm thinking about your post a couple of months ago that started out something like, "STOP IT! Stop it I say! You have been pounding over my head for an hour! What are you doing up there?!"
:).
Yeah right.
There are so many things I need to HEAR around here, I thought about this a while back as I know a few innkeepers who listen to books on tape as they work. How could I? I mean when I put my own music on I have it super low so I can hear the "Hello! Hello!" or the innkeeper bell (interior) or the innkeeper bell (exterior front door) etc. Like the loud crash from the old guy this week upstairs. When you ehar a loud crash do you go and investigate? Is he hurt? Is he nekkid and slipped getting out of the shower and grabbed something and it all came crashing down?
Oh well. These guests were super nice. Just because I don't like something RATTLING THE FRAMED ART OFF THE WALLS doesnt mean I don't like them, she gave me a big hug at check out. Bless her heart.

:).
Yeah right.
There are so many things I need to HEAR around here, I thought about this a while back as I know a few innkeepers who listen to books on tape as they work. How could I? I mean when I put my own music on I have it super low so I can hear the "Hello! Hello!" or the innkeeper bell (interior) or the innkeeper bell (exterior front door) etc. Like the loud crash from the old guy this week upstairs. When you ehar a loud crash do you go and investigate? Is he hurt? Is he nekkid and slipped getting out of the shower and grabbed something and it all came crashing down?
Oh well. These guests were super nice. Just because I don't like something RATTLING THE FRAMED ART OFF THE WALLS doesnt mean I don't like them, she gave me a big hug at check out. Bless her heart.
I have heard a few LOUD thuds and I do go halfway up the stairs and ask if all is OK. Clatter I ignore but a thud gets my attention.

Or the early risers who boom boom boom down our 110 yr. old squeaky stairs at 5:30 am to put their luggage in their vehicle early before their one hr. walk before breakfast.
Yes it happened this morning.

Or the folks who did carry their suitcase down the 104 year old staircase but then put it down and rolled it across the 104 year old oak floors, then proceeded to roll it over the oak threshold and across the wood porch floor and thump-thump-thump down the wide wood porch stairs, then down the brick walkway to their car.
Yes, the front porch wood slats/stairs have been repaired/replaced many times. Alas, some of the scratches on the floor have only been buffed out.
Like JB says...bless their little hearts.

Back