Dreaded Ironing Board Brain Cramp - And it worked!!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been so busy that the pillowcases have taken over again. Plus everyone seems to insist on using the exrtra pillows (more pillowcases!!). Today I had a brain cramp and just tried it out. Woohoo! It worked!
I use spray starch on the pillowcases - it helps keep the stains out of the material - BUT I have to worry about the overspray because of DH. I do not have a basement or dedicated laundry room. The back corner of my kitchen is laundry area and the awaiting pillowcases reside on top of the dryer. I set the ironing board up between the dryer and the coffee roasting area. AND behind that area on the back wall is the cupboard/pantry that DH sometimes must access for HIS supplies. Overspray of starch on the floor is dangerous for him - in case I miss some cleaning up.
Tonight, I took about 9 or 10 pairs of pillowcases out to the clothes line, hung the up, and then sprayed the on both sides with starch. Overspray did not matter. I then came in, set up the iron and the dreaded board and actually ironed all of them! Still have a few pairs to do but am set for a few weeks now. I am so proud of me.

You're in business...as long as weather permits outdoor spraying!

as long as it saves you time, energy and keeps DH out of the hospital its all good!

Back