Dreamweaver question

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
If a site is designed using Dreamweaver how does the site owner make simple changes like spelling corrections without having the software? (Not taking the bread off a designer's plate here!)
Person who owns the site had developed it originally in FP. Then had some things she wanted done and son redid whole site in DW. Son is very busy, can't be at Mom's beck and call for typos.

If she still has front page, she can get the files and correct spelling typos. Or else she nees something like "Contribute" to edit the files in dreamweaver. Does she know how to ftp to get the files? otherwise she can't edit.

If she still has front page, she can get the files and correct spelling typos. Or else she nees something like "Contribute" to edit the files in dreamweaver. Does she know how to ftp to get the files? otherwise she can't edit..
Her new webhost (yes the son changed that, too) has an ftp link on the dashboard. With directions it should be easy. Last time I helped her was (judging by the date on copyright) was 2007.

Could use FIleZilla for FTP and then anyhing from Notepad to Konpozer to edit. (Just avoid using Word, it will muck up the code significantly)

Could use FIleZilla for FTP and then anyhing from Notepad to Konpozer to edit. (Just avoid using Word, it will muck up the code significantly).
We used Filezilla last time I helped her! And I told her to not use Word to design any pages (which she had already done) so that's all what needs fixing now.

Could use FIleZilla for FTP and then anyhing from Notepad to Konpozer to edit. (Just avoid using Word, it will muck up the code significantly).
We used Filezilla last time I helped her! And I told her to not use Word to design any pages (which she had already done) so that's all what needs fixing now.
oops...not word...Does she have Kompozer? She could edit the files easily with that. I have clients who edit sites I have done for them that way and then ftp back to server. Of course sometimes they screw things up royally:-( Having just a bit of information is dangerous for some folks:-(

oops...not word...Does she have Kompozer? She could edit the files easily with that. I have clients who edit sites I have done for them that way and then ftp back to server. Of course sometimes they screw things up royally:-( Having just a bit of information is dangerous for some folks:-(
She doesn't have that, but I can show her how to get it. I would rather her son showed her how to use it, tho. I prefer to be the backup person.

She doesn't have that, but I can show her how to get it. I would rather her son showed her how to use it, tho. I prefer to be the backup person.
It is really hard to anticipate what people can handle. More often than not, you either lead them in to more than they can handle and it creates problems, or you insult them because you think they can't handle it ... which creates problems.

It is really hard to anticipate what people can handle. More often than not, you either lead them in to more than they can handle and it creates problems, or you insult them because you think they can't handle it ... which creates problems.
She doesn't know but she'll catch on quickly. If her son would just go slowly enough so she could write it down, she wouldn't have to call him. He brings his laptop, does all the work and never lets her see what he's doing. It's in and out. Hi Mom, I'm done, bye Mom and he's gone.

Back