Drug Bust!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine

Reaction score
And this is why I love the B&B! It is MY therapy!!
I experienced a first today. I was at a clients home and all of a sudden a police car pulled up, an unmarked police car arrived, then another police car. My client goes to the door, and goes outside, her friend then goes out side. I'm holding the baby and I go to the door and I hear "Please step outside Mam" My client says"thats my case worker" The police ask who I am, I tell them. I ask whats going on, and they tell me they were told there was an active meth lab in the basement. I say, are you kidding?? I've been going into this home daily for the past two weeks and never smelled anything or suspected anything. they go to the basement and open the door and immediately make everyone go outside and no one is allow inside. the fire trucks arrive, and ambulance. They say there is an active meth lab in the basement.
My client said it wasn't her stuff and it was her room mate that she kicked out. she was trying so hard and making great progress and I really believed her. I really want to believe her...... but she knew it was there and didn't get it out of there and risked her childs safety....
sadly, I was exposed daily also.... I'll go to the dr tomorrow and get checked out. I think I'm ok.
But .... once again... I'm ready to quit this job. If only the B&B was busier.... Really praying....

So sorry you had to experience this. Thank goodness it was in the basement and not anywhere nearer where you were. Here is hoping the door contained it.

a meth lab can be a simple shake and bake Sunshine.
Click here to see two bottles, and that is it. Yes still dangerous if they blow up, but not like the old time meth labs where everyone was at risk of breathing in fumes.

Click here to see two bottles, and that is it. Yes still dangerous if they blow up, but not like the old time meth labs where everyone was at risk of breathing in fumes..
Not going to ask how you know so much about the subject. I'm just going to be the good northerner around here and assume it's common knowledge south of here. :)

Click here to see two bottles, and that is it. Yes still dangerous if they blow up, but not like the old time meth labs where everyone was at risk of breathing in fumes..
Not going to ask how you know so much about the subject. I'm just going to be the good northerner around here and assume it's common knowledge south of here. :)
Eric Arthur Blair said:
I just completed the Sheriff's Citizen Academy for one. I only knew of the old time whole house meth labs that called in hazmat teams and killed little children from the fumes.
I knew of those because I was a CASA (court appointed special advocate) to give kids a voice in court, when they had none. Each child taken into care had approx 15 social workers in two years and didn't even know them.
I also grew up in San Diego and that used to be the crystal meth capital due to the Mexican labs running meth across or under the border. It was rampant when I lived there, now it has spread out all over...
The saying goes by the drug enforcement "If you can make chocolate chip cookies you can make meth" and these people don't sleep, so they have plenty of time to "bake cookies."
PS And lastly I am not your avg bear, I know a lot of things many people don't.

Gives a whole new meaning to B&B: Breaking and Bad.
omg_smile.gif

Eric Arthur Blair said:
No, not common knowledge in spite of the TV show.

Eric Arthur Blair said:
What can I say, I'm naive, I don't know much about such vices.

Eric Arthur Blair said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
I'm GLAD I'm naive! Altho, in a previous life I was told that I didn't 'understand' living a rough life because my life has been so easy. Ha ha. Easy because I worked at it. Apparently effortlessly!

Eric Arthur Blair said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
I'm GLAD I'm naive! Altho, in a previous life I was told that I didn't 'understand' living a rough life because my life has been so easy. Ha ha. Easy because I worked at it. Apparently effortlessly!
Didn't have an easy life, just never really my thing. And the one time I tried something like that, I absolutely hated it.

Joey Bloggs said:
Click here to see two bottles, and that is it. Yes still dangerous if they blow up, but not like the old time meth labs where everyone was at risk of breathing in fumes.
Never saw this before! Wow!
This particular lab, was the old fashion kind. I didn't see it but the police opened the basement door and the ammonia smell was so strong they wouldn't even go down there and immediately made us all get out and stay out of the house. They wouldn't go back in and said the entire house was contaminated. Wouldn't even let my client go in to get the baby's shoes, or diapers. They called in all the big guns on this one. :(

Back