Dry hands

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Does anyone have a lotion they recommend that actually works and rehydrates. Dry winters and constant handwashing is stripping my hands bad, they are so chapped. I have tried dozens and none seem to really make a difference. Any ideas? Thanks.

I have such dry hands they crack and are very sore. I have tryed many many creams. For me the one that seems to work right now is Gold bond Ulimate coQ10. The first week my hands started to heal nicely. Now they actually soft and almost look NORMAL.I have a few red spots left.But what is the best my hands don't hurt when I put them in water.

Eucerin calming creme. The store brands of the calming creme are just as good. Make sure it's 'calming' cream and not the hand lotion. The hand lotion is watery and does nothing. Target sells it, so does CVS.

DH has the same problem. Find some gloves like these and use them at night on top of a layer of moisturizer. The gel inside is similar to what they use on burn victims to speed healing. DH does it infrequently but finds that it really helps.
He also had a sample of a salt scrub with oil rubbed on his hands for a few minutes then rinsed off. It really made his hands soft and he had a cut on his finger which practically disappeared after the treatment.

I started using Melaluca's Healing hand cream. We have a woodstove for heat, so our house is soooo dry. I don't use as many cleaning agents as you do, nor do I spend as much time in the dishwater as you do, but it's worked wonders for me. Usually by this time of year, my hands are bleeding they are so dry- not this year!

Eucerin calming creme. The store brands of the calming creme are just as good. Make sure it's 'calming' cream and not the hand lotion. The hand lotion is watery and does nothing. Target sells it, so does CVS..
Madeleine said:
Eucerin calming creme. The store brands of the calming creme are just as good. Make sure it's 'calming' cream and not the hand lotion. The hand lotion is watery and does nothing. Target sells it, so does CVS.
Eucerin calming cream works great for me too. I put the Eucerin on every night and it really works. Even use it on my lips to prevent chapping.
My father in law swears by Curel. not the watery lotion but the thicker cream.

PS Happy Valentine's Day
Here is a video I love!
My grandmother emailed and said "70 years ago Poppie put that ring on my finger on Valentines day. Officially engaged on that evening!!!"
Without that night, I would not be here. -JB

This lotion is one that really works for me and I have freckled, sensitive skin. There's a sale now & free shipping with a $30 order ends today.
I also have used the scrub system with lotion after for softer hands when they're not suffering from Winter and lots of hand washing.

Back