Dry Run for our New Elopement Package

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Our Basic Elopement Package for a Couple Only Includes:"
Worded this way makes it sounds like the package only includes xyz. You might want to change the wording to Our Couples Only Elopement Package includes:.
Or perhaps, "Our Basic Elopement Package is limited to include the following services and amenities":
Silverspoon said:
Or perhaps, "Our Basic Elopement Package is limited to include the following services and amenities":
That's a bit wordy and in passive tense.
What's wrong with "Our Basic Elopement Package includes the following services and amenities"? I'm going to have a separate web page for each package so there will be no confusion and spell it out. You can't assume that anything that isn't said is "understood"
Proud Texan said:
I'm going to have a separate web page for each package so there will be no confusion and spell it out. You can't assume that anything that isn't said is "understood"
AMEN!
Is the officiant included?
And you may want to have a link to the licensing laws and location. Or provide once they contact you. You may not have the problem we do as we are so close to the state line. Here they have to have it 72 hrs before the ceremony (waivers can be purchased) and offices are only open M-F.

Worded this way makes it sounds like the package only includes xyz. You might want to change the wording to Our Couples Only Elopement Package includes:.
Silverspoon said:
What's wrong with "Our Basic Elopement Package includes the following services and amenities"? I'm going to have a separate web page for each package so there will be no confusion and spell it out. You can't assume that anything that isn't said is "understood"
Proud Texan said:
I'm going to have a separate web page for each package so there will be no confusion and spell it out. You can't assume that anything that isn't said is "understood"
AMEN!
And you may want to have a link to the licensing laws and location. Or provide once they contact you. You may not have the problem we do as we are so close to the state line. Here they have to have it 72 hrs before the ceremony (waivers can be purchased) and offices are only open M-F.

Silverspoon said:
Proud Texan said:
AMEN!
We are a same day State - have been for a few years now. However, Courthouse is only open M-F.

Silverspoon said:
Proud Texan said:
AMEN!
copperhead said:
Proud Texan said:
AMEN!
Way ahead of you. Done. Done and Done. In Texas, it's easier to get married than it is divorced. We have a 72 hour waiting period after the license is issued.
I AM THE OFFICIANT. I won't be marrying anyone unless the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed.
I went online and got ordained in less than five minutes. I couldn't believe it, but It's totally legal. I have verified it with the state and county clerk. As long as you are recognized by a church enity as being ordained, anyone can legally perform a marriage ceremony. Because of the separation between church and state, the state can not say what does or does not constitute a church.
If you read the Texas state family code, ALL marriages are considered valid unless challenged and they make it very difficult to challenge a marriage. They set it up this way to insure that births are legitimate and that property goes where it's intended. Basically, once you have filed for a marriage license, everything else is a formality. In Texas, you can live with each other for 7 months proclaiming that you are married and you are.
Most of what we attribute to a marriage ceremony is cultural and not legal. The legalities are easy. It's being married that's hard.

Silverspoon said:
Proud Texan said:
AMEN!
copperhead said:
Proud Texan said:
AMEN!
Way ahead of you. Done. Done and Done. In Texas, it's easier to get married than it is divorced. We have a 72 hour waiting period after the license is issued.
I AM THE OFFICIANT. I won't be marrying anyone unless the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed.
I went online and got ordained in less than five minutes. I couldn't believe it, but It's totally legal. I have verified it with the state and county clerk. As long as you are recognized by a church enity as being ordained, anyone can legally perform a marriage ceremony. Because of the separation between church and state, the state can not say what does or does not constitute a church.
If you read the Texas state family code, ALL marriages are considered valid unless challenged and they make it very difficult to challenge a marriage. They set it up this way to insure that births are legitimate and that property goes where it's intended. Basically, once you have filed for a marriage license, everything else is a formality. In Texas, you can live with each other for 7 months proclaiming that you are married and you are.
Most of what we attribute to a marriage ceremony is cultural and not legal. The legalities are easy. It's being married that's hard.
The legalities are easy. It's being married that's hard.
Ain't that the truth!!!!!!!

12 Terrific Inns That Offer Elopement Packages for $1000 or Less

12 Terrific Inns That Offer Elopement Packages for $1000 or Less Huffington Post This bed and breakfast has its very own chapel. For only $575, have a candlelight ceremony in the 200-year-old adobe chapel for up to 15 guests. A non-denominational minster and witnesses will be provided. After the ceremony, relax in the bridal suite ...

12 Terrific Inns That Offer Elopement Packages for $1000 or Less Huffington Post This bed and breakfast has its very own chapel. For only $575, have a candlelight ceremony in the 200-year-old adobe chapel for up to 15 guests. A non-denominational minster and witnesses will be provided. After the ceremony, relax in the bridal suite ....
I saw this! was going to link it but you got there first!

12 Terrific Inns That Offer Elopement Packages for $1000 or Less Huffington Post This bed and breakfast has its very own chapel. For only $575, have a candlelight ceremony in the 200-year-old adobe chapel for up to 15 guests. A non-denominational minster and witnesses will be provided. After the ceremony, relax in the bridal suite ....
If you look you will see it is an ILOVEINNS feature. Not sure who is on iloveinns or not, but like BnBfinder they have some nice marketing in place from time to time!

Whenever you put together a business plan, you have to go over every eventuality in your head to head off any potential problems. One thing that occurred to me yesterday was wondering IF our little Elopement Package would be covered under our current Liability Insurance Policy.
I called our Allstate agent and his first impression was that it would be, but he would call and verify it.
Sure enough, it's not and we will have to get a rider on our policy to cover it. We will be limited to a maximum of 10 persons per ceremony and we can not conduct any "events" on our property, i.e. wedding receptions. Curiously, he said most of the liability was for the officiant/minister conducting the ceremony. I explained to him that I would be conducting the ceremonies, so he's gong to have call the underwriters again today to see if that changes anything.
So, for those of you already doing weddings and elopements, it would be in your best interest to check with your insurance carrier to make sure you are covered. If you're not, you'll need to get yourself covered or rethink that aspect of your business.

If you look you will see it is an ILOVEINNS feature. Not sure who is on iloveinns or not, but like BnBfinder they have some nice marketing in place from time to time!
Joey Bloggs said:
They have been hounding me lately! E-mails, multiple phone calls...I'm sick of them!!!

Whenever you put together a business plan, you have to go over every eventuality in your head to head off any potential problems. One thing that occurred to me yesterday was wondering IF our little Elopement Package would be covered under our current Liability Insurance Policy.
I called our Allstate agent and his first impression was that it would be, but he would call and verify it.
Sure enough, it's not and we will have to get a rider on our policy to cover it. We will be limited to a maximum of 10 persons per ceremony and we can not conduct any "events" on our property, i.e. wedding receptions. Curiously, he said most of the liability was for the officiant/minister conducting the ceremony. I explained to him that I would be conducting the ceremonies, so he's gong to have call the underwriters again today to see if that changes anything.
So, for those of you already doing weddings and elopements, it would be in your best interest to check with your insurance carrier to make sure you are covered. If you're not, you'll need to get yourself covered or rethink that aspect of your business..
Proud Texan said:
So, for those of you already doing weddings and elopements, it would be in your best interest to check with your insurance carrier to make sure you are covered. If you're not, you'll need to get yourself covered or rethink that aspect of your business.
Great information PT!

So, for those of you already doing weddings and elopements, it would be in your best interest to check with your insurance carrier to make sure you are covered. If you're not, you'll need to get yourself covered or rethink that aspect of your business..
Proud Texan said:
Great information PT!
Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
Great information PT!
I heard from my insurance agent. Because this is a new venture, in the eyes of the insurance company, we open ourselves to increased exposure. I get it from a business standpoint, but it really flys in the face of logic. We're adding the rider to our policy. The potential earnings far outway the costs.

Back