• Hello, if you cannot log in, please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the page for assistance.

Dryer Sheets

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

Arks

Reaction score
We all know fabric softeners are evil as far as towels go. They take away the absorbency.
But does anybody have an opinion on these uses for dryer sheets that a friend sent to me?
Great Uses for Dryer Sheets
1. Use in your bathroom. Cut your cleaning time in half. Makes bathroom mirrors and fixtures sparkle. Cuts right through bathtub scum.
2. Use to get sticky dust right off furniture, blinds and baseboards.
3. Cleans up stove tops and greasy cabinets quickly.
4. Soak paint brushes with warm water and a dryer sheet. Watch the paint come right off.
5. Clean dead bugs off your car.
6. Wipes pet hair off furniture and clothing.
7. Run a dryer sheet over thread before sewing to keep tangles away
8. Keeps mosquitoes away.

Flower

Reaction score
I tryed bath scum. It doesnot work as good a comet! For me Nothing keeps mosquitoes.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
I am dubious about some of these. My husband would never allow me to rub one of those on my car. As for mirrors, i may have to try one. But I would think they would leave a coating on the mirror from the stuff in them. Very doubtful on bathroom scum.

Arks

Reaction score
I am dubious about some of these. My husband would never allow me to rub one of those on my car. As for mirrors, i may have to try one. But I would think they would leave a coating on the mirror from the stuff in them. Very doubtful on bathroom scum..
EmptyNest said:
I am dubious about some of these. As for mirrors, i may have to try one. But I would think they would leave a coating on the mirror from the stuff in them. Very doubtful on bathroom scum.
My thoughts exactly! But somebody needs to try them all and report back!

Innkeep

Reaction score
I am dubious about some of these. My husband would never allow me to rub one of those on my car. As for mirrors, i may have to try one. But I would think they would leave a coating on the mirror from the stuff in them. Very doubtful on bathroom scum..
EmptyNest said:
I am dubious about some of these. As for mirrors, i may have to try one. But I would think they would leave a coating on the mirror from the stuff in them. Very doubtful on bathroom scum.
Arkansawyer said:
That means somebody would have to buy dryer sheets first... not me

Arks

Reaction score
EmptyNest said:
Arkansawyer said:

Innkeep said:
Yep, I don't have any either. That's why I was looking for a volunteer!

Country Girl

Reaction score
I've heard too many bad things about dryer sheets to try them. I do think they work against static electricity if you rub them on your clothes though.

charlie may

Reaction score
A friend gave me 3 wool dryer balls last week. I had never heard of them but am impressed. They are environmentally friendly and work way better than those knobby rubber/plastic ones. Has anybody else tried them? Not trying to sell them but you can look them up at www.mosscreekwoolworks.com. There is no smell to them. The friend says she has used hers since March and they have not worn out at all.