Dusting: Much Better Than a Feather Duster!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
I know everybody has their cleaning equipment all lined out, but I have to brag on this new microfiber duster I've recently started using. Microfiber means it picks up dust with no need for a spray. It's long enough to reach behind stuff. The narrow side can dust really narrow things, like baseboards. The shag head is removable for washing. I really love it!

I'm presently using rectangles of plain old fleece fabric to use with my swiffer. They can also be washed and do a good job on the floors. After a while the microfiber cloths I've used end up collecting every piece of lint in the laundry.

I'm presently using rectangles of plain old fleece fabric to use with my swiffer. They can also be washed and do a good job on the floors. After a while the microfiber cloths I've used end up collecting every piece of lint in the laundry..
Innkeep said:
After a while the microfiber cloths I've used end up collecting every piece of lint in the laundry.
But at $9.99 and free shipping, I can replace it as needed. Might try washing by hand to avoid the laundry lint. This isn't for the floor, just dusting furniture and such (really quick to clean my giraffes, for instance...you remember my giraffes!), so should last a good while. We'll see!

I'm presently using rectangles of plain old fleece fabric to use with my swiffer. They can also be washed and do a good job on the floors. After a while the microfiber cloths I've used end up collecting every piece of lint in the laundry..
Yes! And, also, I hate they way they feel.

Madeleine said:
Maddy, I'm with you. I hate the way they feel too. But I haven't tried to dust with them, if they work really well, I might be tempted to put on some gloves and go dusting!! :)
Oh, but if they are on a wand.... then that would be good! no touching except for putting on and off.

I hate the way they feel as well and they do attract all the lint. I am now hand washing them. They do work great. I use a glove version which doesn't feel the same inside the glove. And I have another that is on a wand that reaches the ceiling fan blades.

Madeleine said:
Maddy, I'm with you. I hate the way they feel too. But I haven't tried to dust with them, if they work really well, I might be tempted to put on some gloves and go dusting!! :)
Oh, but if they are on a wand.... then that would be good! no touching except for putting on and off.
Sunshine said:
Oh, but if they are on a wand....
They are. It's not a cloth. No need to touch the business end.
m32oKGR5k8XcmJlj_rnn6Dg.jpg

Back