Early checkin request

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just had another one... maybe this is going to be the 'problem' of the year. This one wants to check-in at 10:30 because, 'There's no one in the room the night before.' (According to the online booking system.) Maybe right NOW there's no on in the room, but I'm not rushing someone out who books tomorrow because she wants to be in at 10:30. I explained that we could still have guests in the dining room and that check-out is not until 11 and I need time to clean.
We'll see what time she does show up..
Maybe ANOTHER PROBLEM year...
come on now..don't make me laugh!!!! You ALWAYS have the most problem guests I have ever heard of...HA HA...no...really!
cry_smile.gif

You owe them NO excuses!!! Your check in is when you say it is...no ifs ands or buts about it!!! KEEP THAT DOOR LOCKED...unless you really want them:-(

I just had another one... maybe this is going to be the 'problem' of the year. This one wants to check-in at 10:30 because, 'There's no one in the room the night before.' (According to the online booking system.) Maybe right NOW there's no on in the room, but I'm not rushing someone out who books tomorrow because she wants to be in at 10:30. I explained that we could still have guests in the dining room and that check-out is not until 11 and I need time to clean.
come on now..don't make me laugh!!!! You ALWAYS have the most problem guests I have ever heard of...HA HA...no...really!
cry_smile.gif

You owe them NO excuses!!! Your check in is when you say it is...no ifs ands or buts about it!!! KEEP THAT DOOR LOCKED...unless you really want them:-(
Oh, yeah, I get the problems, but if I know THIS is the 'problem of the year' then I can work around it. ha, ha.
I told her noon was the earliest we can get her in. And I did that because I know most of the other places in town have gone to a 'whenever you get here' policy. However, I won't be able to hear the doorbell if I'm cleaning. So, I'll only 'listen' around noontime.
And, all of a sudden, guests are booking again. We got a call for 4 room nights for this weekend, another for 3 nights over the course of next week, and the following weekend is filling in.

cry_smile.gif

Oh, yeah, I get the problems, but if I know THIS is the 'problem of the year' then I can work around it. ha, ha.
I told her noon was the earliest we can get her in. And I did that because I know most of the other places in town have gone to a 'whenever you get here' policy. However, I won't be able to hear the doorbell if I'm cleaning. So, I'll only 'listen' around noontime.
And, all of a sudden, guests are booking again. We got a call for 4 room nights for this weekend, another for 3 nights over the course of next week, and the following weekend is filling in.
I just don't know how they can go to "whenever you get here"! Y'all must have all your guests bolt out the door after eating breakfast at 7AM! These guests don't run right out of here and check-out is 11 AM. Sure enough, 11 AM is about the earliest that I can hit those rooms. Rarely, someone will have an early departure. I still can't get out of the kitchen to even strip the room.
Maybe the difference is that there is only me here most of the time.....

cry_smile.gif

I just don't know how they can go to "whenever you get here"! Y'all must have all your guests bolt out the door after eating breakfast at 7AM! These guests don't run right out of here and check-out is 11 AM. Sure enough, 11 AM is about the earliest that I can hit those rooms. Rarely, someone will have an early departure. I still can't get out of the kitchen to even strip the room.
Samster said:
I am the same, I cannot even get to the rooms until 11 or even later. I need time to clean!!! I cannot clean a room in 10 minutes, that is what guests don't get - the cleaning fairies are on strike at this B&B! If they want everything just right then they need to check in at the approved check in time, there is simply not arguing about it, it is not me being a mean innkeeper.

cry_smile.gif

Samster said:
We rarely can get into the rooms before 11am, and even if some left early we have the others who hang out and talk. I don't allow early check in unless it's a weekday booking of a one night with a wine tour and the room happens to be emptly the night before.
But that's different than your early checkins. Mine WILL come on time because they booked the wine tour which takes off at 1pm. Even so, I tell them to be here by 12 noon so they won't be late for 1pm takeoff. They know another couple are booked and we'll leave without them if they are late.
Riki

cry_smile.gif

Samster said:
I would say the majority of guests are gone by 9:30-10. There are always the stragglers that don't eat until 9:30 and the occasional guest who leaves after 11, but most are out the door and on their way early. Either they are going home, going to their next B&B or gone shopping. The going home trip usually involves stopping at multiple other shopping towns along the way so they get an early start.
Because there are 2 of us, I can leave hubs in the kitchen chatting after 9:30 and I can hit the rooms. I strip beds, but don't bring dirty laundry out until the dining room is empty. I can get a head start as it takes a LOT less time to clean our bathrooms than it does to put the bedrooms back together. If I don't get that start, I'm trailing hubs as he knocks out the bathrooms. Especially if there are 2 beds in the room.
The other places all have help, so the innkeeps are chatting while the rooms are getting done. If they have noon arrivals, the rooms are done. When we had help, I would do the schedule according to arrival time, if I could.

cry_smile.gif

Samster said:
I would say the majority of guests are gone by 9:30-10. There are always the stragglers that don't eat until 9:30 and the occasional guest who leaves after 11, but most are out the door and on their way early. Either they are going home, going to their next B&B or gone shopping. The going home trip usually involves stopping at multiple other shopping towns along the way so they get an early start.
Because there are 2 of us, I can leave hubs in the kitchen chatting after 9:30 and I can hit the rooms. I strip beds, but don't bring dirty laundry out until the dining room is empty. I can get a head start as it takes a LOT less time to clean our bathrooms than it does to put the bedrooms back together. If I don't get that start, I'm trailing hubs as he knocks out the bathrooms. Especially if there are 2 beds in the room.
The other places all have help, so the innkeeps are chatting while the rooms are getting done. If they have noon arrivals, the rooms are done. When we had help, I would do the schedule according to arrival time, if I could.
I am the one that is doing the chatting and getting people on their way since my dh has gone off to work. Often, I'll have to leave the rest of the kitchen clean-up until later in the day after I've taken care of the guest rooms. Especially if there are several flips for check-ins. I have a contract housekeeper helping me now a couple of afternoons a week and there is a big difference in how quickly we get the rooms done. I really notice the difference with her helping me with the large rooms and big tubs plus showers. If I leave her on her own, I do still have to go after her & check some things though but that will get better with time, I'm sure.
The only days that folks are out of here by 9 or so is for these events that they come here to attend at our local military installation.

cry_smile.gif

Well, the room got taken for the night before (they're wanting to check-in at noon today) and no one is budging from the dining room!

Back