Early Checkouts & Sprinklers To Many P I T A S...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birdwatcher

Reaction score
THESE ARE A FEW OF MY LEAST FAVORITE THINGS...
wink_smile.gif

...Title done as Raindrops & Roses--yall know the tune. Our Day began:
At 0 dark-thirty.
After making a wonderful breakfast our 8AM group showed up at 8:30...wait...check in of this (really "fun" bunch) oh and are really old people better than children? We asked ourselves-at least children can walk up to the third floor. Yes, the person that made the reservation knew it was the third floor, but never asked about elevators...DUH!
Check in Yesterday: Five family members who I don't think know how to smile...specially the son and the parents specially MOM-who first thing she askes is - where is the fire espcape (this is a 1895 built home) and the third floor was large atttic, we said here is the widow that opens and here is the rope ladder...she looks at hubbie and asks "Is there a hospital in this town" (we knew we where in a heap of
potty-mouth.gif
! So we get them all settled in and print directions to the hospital for the really unhappy frowning old wind bag. We anticipate a wonderful couple days...not knowing what tomorrow would bring!
So...skipping to breakfast and they where late..and HAD LESS SMILES THAN THE NIGHT BEFORE..oh forgot..hubbie looked out the kitchen window and said "look the old man is traking luggage out to the car...I bet they don't stay." I said "Maybe its just a briefcase". So we proceded to HOPE that the frittata hubbie made will not be dry as hell because they where 1/2 hour late...they ate breakfast and where pleased. OH BUT WAIT:there is more!
Old Wind Bag--SMILED! I was astounded! With that she proceeded to told us that "We will be moving on now...." I was like "OKAY.. sorry that you can't stay." She then said " is there any paperwork we need to finish" of course we said NO. The funny thing was that the father of the group said to husband: "When women are in charge-plans change too often" hubbie got a laugh out of that. Then they proceeded to stay around for about an hour and a half, don't know why...but finally the dad left a nice comment on the B & B Association card...that was just WEIRD!
On to the AFTERNOON Part of the day..(while I was napping)..Sprinklers: Husband tells me this later as I LMAO Guest (that is a little slow) returned home about 4pm was bumbed out that the swimming pool did not open until six because he had wanted to take a dip in it before he came back. Dumb Ass hubbie told the guy: still LMAO..."If you would like me to..I could turn on the sprinkler system so you can cool off" (jokingly) W R O N G ! Next thing hubbie hears is the guy coming down the stairs in his swimming trunks & T-shirt saying "I'll take you up on that offer" to the surprise of hubbie not thinking that this person would really take him seriously. So he proceeded to (sorry ROTFLMAO) take this man to the "formal" garden sit him down on one the benches and aim the srprinklers at him...then someone wlakes by and said: "Hey..if you had a hose I would let you soak me" (I could not believe what I was hearing..of course aftert the fact..stomach hurting laughing so hard) So...the story goes on husband told stranger to stand by the fence and proceeded to point the sprinkler at the stranger and "cool him off" IN MY MIND IM DYINING NOW and so it goes to the PITAS of the afternoon check in after the sprinkler playtime.
PITA check in: They get the "gvt rate" so we get them checked in..husband helps with luggage I stay outside: AGAIN...not there so I try to get back in after watering the plants and IM LOCKED OUT! NIce now Im getting really annoyed. He finally lets me in with the PITA face...and proceeded to tell me what had happen in about an hour....lots of CRAP. Room changes, blown brakers and my rooms to hot, I can't read my alrm clock, can I get into the kitchen after hours if Im hungry. Husband fixes all.. but tells Gvt rate guest that they cannot enter the kitchen because of insurance reasons...and what the hell...(Oh forgot to mention that one of them is a new B & B'r...) so we can't figure out why the one that HAS BEEN TO b & b's would think that she would have access to the B & B kitchen...anytime of the night...NOT.
Hope you all had a good laugh, cause my stomach and cheeks still hurt from laughing but husband just looks at me like Walter (from Jeff Dunham), im still craking up...
So we are having more than one
cheers.gif

Have a great day!

I had to put a line on my website and in my confirm that there is no access to a kitchen here, altho we DO provide a fridge & microwave. We have had guests rootling around in the fridge looking for a midnight snack. Which is why I have cereal, granola bars & cookies out all night. It has slowed the traffic down.
Your guest probably went to a place with a guest kitchen where there were specific items out for guests.
That sprinkler thing is a good one. So, how come the pool doesn't 'open' until 6?

We don't know about the pool but we do have micro and fridge and popcorn stuff on every floor...so no excuses to use our kitchen.

We don't know about the pool but we do have micro and fridge and popcorn stuff on every floor...so no excuses to use our kitchen..
Is the pool not on your property? I was thinking the guest was going to use your pool.

No pool here. apparently this guest is truly a little slow is here with a church group and they pick him up in the morning and he couldnt get into the community pool because it opens at 6 not 4.

Back