Early/late check-ins

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a call this afternoon - someone wanting a couple of rooms for their friends to come rest and change clothes for special event in town before driving back home that nite... they would be here in the morning and staying until late afternoon... that would a 2 night stay I told her... guess she will just let them come to her house then to get ready. :~/ PITA phone call!

I had a call this afternoon - someone wanting a couple of rooms for their friends to come rest and change clothes for special event in town before driving back home that nite... they would be here in the morning and staying until late afternoon... that would a 2 night stay I told her... guess she will just let them come to her house then to get ready. :~/ PITA phone call!.
greyswan said:
I had a call this afternoon - someone wanting a couple of rooms for their friends to come rest and change clothes for special event in town before driving back home that nite... they would be here in the morning and staying until late afternoon... that would a 2 night stay I told her... guess she will just let them come to her house then to get ready. :~/ PITA phone call!
Rent by the hour. Why not? I think sometimes that people just don't think. They assume you will make twice the money by cleaning the rooms and rebooking them in the evening. We've had the same thing...'We need to come back after our event and change, so we won't be checking out until 3 PM. We have to shower.'
Sorry. 'Why not? You still have time to clean and rent the room to someone who comes in late.' And they are really serious. Heaven forbid you should put THEM out, tho by telling them at 3 PM they can't check in because someone needs to take a shower and then you have to clean the room.

HI charged a day rate for checkouts later than 1pm (what was considered a "late checkout") which was basically a half rate.
For me, an early check in would be 2pm at the earliest but I have allowed as late as 3 pm for checkout if no one was coming in. Both are rare!

I am firmly convinced that early check in and late checkouts do nothing to increase our bottom line.
In other words, danged if we do danged if we don't.

Back