Early Risers Making Noise - What Can You Do?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here the birds will wake you long before the guests do. I often tell my guests to sleep with the fan on if they don't want to hear the birds singing at 5 a.m. or the loons calling all night long. I think most guests expect to hear some noises early in the morning as people get up at different times. If we have guests making too much noise after 10 p.m. though, we do ask them to be quieter for the other guests..
Country Girl said:
Here the birds will wake you long before the guests do. I often tell my guests to sleep with the fan on if they don't want to hear the birds singing at 5 a.m. or the loons calling all night long. I think most guests expect to hear some noises early in the morning as people get up at different times. If we have guests making too much noise after 10 p.m. though, we do ask them to be quieter for the other guests.
We had a guest tell us they were hearing an electical hum periodically. We figured out they were hearing the fog horn! A beautiful, romantic, soothing sound to us was a scary, annoying, stressful sound to them.

Here the birds will wake you long before the guests do. I often tell my guests to sleep with the fan on if they don't want to hear the birds singing at 5 a.m. or the loons calling all night long. I think most guests expect to hear some noises early in the morning as people get up at different times. If we have guests making too much noise after 10 p.m. though, we do ask them to be quieter for the other guests..
Country Girl said:
Here the birds will wake you long before the guests do. I often tell my guests to sleep with the fan on if they don't want to hear the birds singing at 5 a.m. or the loons calling all night long. I think most guests expect to hear some noises early in the morning as people get up at different times. If we have guests making too much noise after 10 p.m. though, we do ask them to be quieter for the other guests.
We had a guest tell us they were hearing an electical hum periodically. We figured out they were hearing the fog horn! A beautiful, romantic, soothing sound to us was a scary, annoying, stressful sound to them.
TheBeachHouse said:
Country Girl said:
LOL Beachy. It was like a couple who stayed here and told us in the am they were up 1/2 the night because the frogs were deafening. They were from a big city and lived in an apt on major street. So they could have slept fine if there were cars and sirens all night. But nature......that is deafening.

Country Girl said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Country Girl said:
LOL Beachy. It was like a couple who stayed here and told us in the am they were up 1/2 the night because the frogs were deafening. They were from a big city and lived in an apt on major street. So they could have slept fine if there were cars and sirens all night. But nature......that is deafening.
I've lived here in the mountains for over a decade and have no noise outside in the evening. When a big frog finds hims way into my garden pond, he totally keeps me up all night long. I've had to remove a couple after missing a full nights sleep so I can totally understand these guests. Give me crickets any day over a loud frog.

Country Girl said:
We have a juvenile great horned owl keeping guests awake with its squawk all night. One set of guests even saw the majestic bird standing in the middle of the road near the house. There is no mistaking the profile of a great horned owl!

Why is it that the early risers, who bang about and disturb everyone else are always the last down to breakfast and the last to check out.

Country Girl said:
We have a juvenile great horned owl keeping guests awake with its squawk all night. One set of guests even saw the majestic bird standing in the middle of the road near the house. There is no mistaking the profile of a great horned owl!
Now that's a lovely thing to keep you awake, sometimes you can hear the owls calling to each other in the woods around our house.
Occasionally something will spook our chikens and they will start their alarm calls to each other at 5am, now that's not quite so lovely, I usually end up going out in my dressing gown, partly to check they are ok and partly to get them to shut up.

Country Girl said:
Now that's a lovely thing to keep you awake, sometimes you can hear the owls calling to each other in the woods around our house.
Occasionally something will spook our chikens and they will start their alarm calls to each other at 5am, now that's not quite so lovely, I usually end up going out in my dressing gown, partly to check they are ok and partly to get them to shut up.
HJ you might think so if the sound was a hoot, who, who in the distance. But this is a persistent shriek all night long. Have a listen.
You made me laugh...I can just picture you in your PJs checking out your chickens in the early morning hours.

Country Girl said:
HJ you might think so if the sound was a hoot, who, who in the distance. But this is a persistent shriek all night long. Have a listen.
You made me laugh...I can just picture you in your PJs checking out your chickens in the early morning hours.
Silverspoon said:
I've been out there on more than one occasion just because I worry about them disturbing the guests.
Oh...by the way....I don't have any PJs.
wink_smile.gif

Back