"East Coast intelligentsia."

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
I'm guessing he thought he was insulting me. I said, 'Thanks. I appreciate your noticing.'

Bree said:
I'm guessing he thought he was insulting me. I said, 'Thanks. I appreciate your noticing.'
Good on ya! I'm wondering what led up to that!

What? I missed it? What did he say, that term?.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
What? I missed it? What did he say, that term?
Yeah, that's the term he used. Along with a few others I resemble.
wink_smile.gif
No 'bad' words, just phrases people think I would find insulting which basically say that I'm college-educated and pay attention to the world around me.

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
wink_smile.gif
No 'bad' words, just phrases people think I would find insulting which basically say that I'm college-educated and pay attention to the world around me.
so you were talking and he said to you 'east coast intelligensia' ? i think it's a term meant to describe intellectual, educated people on the east coast. could also mean liberal. sometimes seen as a slam.
from your reaction, seems like it was intended as a snide remark?

you sure were quick on your feet... I would have reacted... uhhhh??? (finger up my nose)

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
wink_smile.gif
So what's the alternative you ought to aspire to - flatlander high-school dropout? A guest said this to you?

I've met some and I don't think you qualify... you're too nice, for starters, and way more practical.
=)
Kk.

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
wink_smile.gif
so you were talking and he said to you 'east coast intelligensia' ? i think it's a term meant to describe intellectual, educated people on the east coast. could also mean liberal. sometimes seen as a slam.
seashanty said:
Oh, the whole conversation was based on what 'you people' on the East Coast don't know about the troubles the rest of the country is seeing.

Back