Easter Sunday

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Are you open Easter Sunday?
Is anything open near you? What do you suggest guests "do" on Easter Sunday? Go to a brunch if there is one?

We're open but we rarely get guests. A few places here are open and they do a really nice brunch at the big place. Usually everyone heads home on Sunday anyway.
You know how it is, tho, if ever there is a day someone is going to get to church, it's Easter. So, it's really a slow weekend. Passover at the same time doesn't help.

We are, and we have guests booked. There is a local family that alwyas does a reunion every Easter weekend. My understanding is that in years past, the house was full. For a couple reasons (including, I believe, DH & I being an unknown quantity - different people than the POs), we only have one room booked this year. That's okay. Word will get around and they'll all want to stay with us next year
wink_smile.gif

And I think I'm up for a small group our first Easter in this town. Apparently, the churches come together for shared services - one at 7 AM and another at 11 AM. Sounds like a big deal to me, and I like the idea of observing/living it for the first time with a couple guests rather than a houseful, kwim?

Everything is usually closed around here for Easter except the chain restaurants.......it's family time in the Deep South. Go to church and then Momma's for dinner after. :)
We had only a couple of rooms in the past on Easter.

We are almost always open (usually closed on whatever election day because I work the polls and this year June 1 City election it is my job to run it). Our friends come down from PA and she expects to find an Easter Basket.
In my city, the Council of Churches has a Lenten Service every Wednesday of Lent with a Community Service on Good Friday. The Wednesday service is at either the First Methodist or the Baptist because they are central locations - different minister each week with the ladies of that week's church providing soups for lunch (getting 6 ministers for Lent is sometimes interesting - as Prez of Council I get to dig them up and sometimes dig is the word except Father Karl always does week #2). Good Friday is at some church in the area with the resident minister doing the liturgy and another minister doing the service. The Baptists have a Maunday Thursday Service and the First Methodists have a sunrise service with the usual service at 10:45.
Many restaurants in the area will have brunches.

April is dead for us... like 20% off and no reservations on the books dead. Hopefully we'll take a vacation somewhere early in the month. Easter Sunday I expect a house full of family for dinner. If we should actually (gasp!) get a reservation, I'll let the guest know ahead of time.
=)
Kk.

We are open, however Easter is generally a family Holiday so its always a slow weekend for us. A few local restaurants are open and some shops. Usually its a stay at home weekend.

We are open. Booking-wise it's generally all or nothing ... ie a large family get together.
Dinner is a family affair so the restaurant issue is moot and we have New England's oldest catholic church just down the road from us.

We are open, and don't worry about dining. We are very lucky in that we have a huge number of restaurants in Charlottesville.
RIki

Back