Easter Weekend

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyjacks

Reaction score
Is anyone doing anything special for guests this weekend? Any special breakfasts or treats?
I always colour eggs and put them out on the sideboard with breakfast on Sunday. I'll also pick up some small chocolate bunnies for the room treats.

We don't usually do anything special, but a couple of choco bunnies is a good idea.

Guests what guests?
I had two rooms check out today and thus far NADA for this weekend..
As far as long weekends go, it's not the busiest. We probably won't fill up and we certainly won't be turning away people like we do on other long weekends, but that extra day off work is enough to get some people out of town and up here.
So far we have 4 bookings for a total of 10 room nights. Two of the bookings are new and two are long time repeats -- including one who was our very first guest! Should be a good weekend (but dinner 4 nights in a row means I will be pooped).

Guests what guests?
As far as long weekends go, it's not the busiest. We probably won't fill up and we certainly won't be turning away people like we do on other long weekends, but that extra day off work is enough to get some people out of town and up here.
So far we have 4 bookings for a total of 10 room nights. Two of the bookings are new and two are long time repeats -- including one who was our very first guest! Should be a good weekend (but dinner 4 nights in a row means I will be pooped).
It's not a long weekend for us. I am in contact with a newspaper in NB and she wants me to call today as she has a 'long weekend' coming up. I'm thinking, 'Why?' Duh. Some states have Friday off, some are closed on Monday as well.

Guests what guests?
It's not a long weekend for us. I am in contact with a newspaper in NB and she wants me to call today as she has a 'long weekend' coming up. I'm thinking, 'Why?' Duh. Some states have Friday off, some are closed on Monday as well.
Monday's the statutory holiday here. Some businesses are also closed Friday.

Guests what guests?
happyjacks said:
The USA doesn't observe Good Friday as a holiday or allow Monday in lieu of a Sunday public holiday.

Guests what guests?
Most of my friends inns here are booked solid for this weekend. And my good friends have guests for 16 days straight...unheard of for most folks around here:-( But good for them!!!!
From the looks of the Cavern's parking lot the past few days...things are booming over there. Unfortunately, many folks who do the caverns are day trippers.

There are some weddings this weekend, so the hotels are getting most of those. Nope had no bookings and just a call for one night on Saturday so I just went in and blocked it off. I do have bookings next week - Monday on... Our kids are playing in the orchestra at church on Sunday for the first time, so I will let it be a family day on Sunday instead of a madhouse race serving guests and then to get them out on time to see this important important event. My parents drove across the entire country CA to East Coast - they just got here at 1130am to see them play on Easter.

There are some weddings this weekend, so the hotels are getting most of those. Nope had no bookings and just a call for one night on Saturday so I just went in and blocked it off. I do have bookings next week - Monday on... Our kids are playing in the orchestra at church on Sunday for the first time, so I will let it be a family day on Sunday instead of a madhouse race serving guests and then to get them out on time to see this important important event. My parents drove across the entire country CA to East Coast - they just got here at 1130am to see them play on Easter..
I say you are due for some FAMILY TIME..forget the guests this weekend!!! :)

Guests what guests?
Most of my friends inns here are booked solid for this weekend. And my good friends have guests for 16 days straight...unheard of for most folks around here:-( But good for them!!!!
From the looks of the Cavern's parking lot the past few days...things are booming over there. Unfortunately, many folks who do the caverns are day trippers.
I missed it this year...was going to bring the kids to the Caverns, but didn't realize they are off school THIS week. So, there's a lot of your travelers...NY state schools are on vacation. Next year...

Guests what guests?
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Guests what guests?
I had two rooms check out today and thus far NADA for this weekend.
I am with you on this one....I am just gonna have my daughter keep an eye on "possibles" and Hubby and I going out of town....
But, I usually go way out on certain holidays, Christmas, Valentines, St. Patricks, etc.....like to show my guest they are special.

We have both suites full with wine tours too. I've got some cute jellybeans I'm putting out but that's it. We already give them wine and cheese at check in and sparkling in their rooms anyway.
Riki

Special chocolates for turndown this weekend - small bunnies & a Lindt lamb. I picked up these cute plastic egg shaped chicks & bunnies somewhere & filled them with Cadbury mini eggs. They are sitting at the place settings & I dyed hard boiled eggs to go in egg cups at their setting, too. We have 3 rooms this weekend.

Thanks to my "surprise" guest I did have to make breakfast this morning. However, after getting a normal Gillum breakfast yesterday, I was informed that it was too much food and that just coffee and bread wiould be fine. So I gave him a loaf (already sliced) of Holiday Bread, juices, a small bowl of colored hard-boiled eggs (and a small bowl for the shells), coffee, and a big chocolate bunny.
I got 2-cup size storage containers to use as the baskets and made Easter baskets for my dinner guests and for my middle son who is due in today. I got a medium-sized plastic dozer for my 2 1/2 yr old grandson and lifted the blade up to hold his small chocolate bunny as I do not think he needs a lot of candy.

Back