Easy Cheese Danish

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's another recipe that I use. It uses the same basic ingredients but it's quicker to put together and I make 6 servings out of it. Guests love it and it looks way more impressive than the few minutes it takes to put together. I do it with raspberries. In fact, I did it this morning!
Easy Blackberry Cheese Danish.
Has anyone tried putting this together at night, refrigerating it and then baking it in the AM?
I baked it at night. But would like to know if it works sitting over night.
I might give it a try if I can summon up a little energy. I was all fired up to do it earlier but then we went out for a pizza and beer...now I just want to to take a nap! LOL
1 hour later....made up the danish and put it in ref. over night. Will let you know how it came out once I bake it in the am.
OK so I put this together at night and baked it in the morning. Tasted fabulous and looked even better. I used tons of fresh raspberries and instead of vanilla in the icing I used almond extract. Next time I will cut back on the cream cheese and try 6 oz instead of the full 8 oz the recipe calls for.
There was no way to tell that the pastry was cresent rolls. I am a from scratch baker and would normally not use a premade product. In this case, however it was easy, delicious and well worth it.
Thanks for sharing this great recipe.
I used 8 ozs for TWO batches. 16 danish.
I might try a chocolate drizzle next time. I really don't like that white icing and I used the recipe as it stands for 16. A quick little drizzle, not that sugar headache on a plate in the photos!

Here's another recipe that I use. It uses the same basic ingredients but it's quicker to put together and I make 6 servings out of it. Guests love it and it looks way more impressive than the few minutes it takes to put together. I do it with raspberries. In fact, I did it this morning!
Has anyone tried putting this together at night, refrigerating it and then baking it in the AM?
I might give it a try if I can summon up a little energy. I was all fired up to do it earlier but then we went out for a pizza and beer...now I just want to to take a nap! LOL
1 hour later....made up the danish and put it in ref. over night. Will let you know how it came out once I bake it in the am.
OK so I put this together at night and baked it in the morning. Tasted fabulous and looked even better. I used tons of fresh raspberries and instead of vanilla in the icing I used almond extract. Next time I will cut back on the cream cheese and try 6 oz instead of the full 8 oz the recipe calls for.
There was no way to tell that the pastry was cresent rolls. I am a from scratch baker and would normally not use a premade product. In this case, however it was easy, delicious and well worth it.
I might try a chocolate drizzle next time. I really don't like that white icing and I used the recipe as it stands for 16. A quick little drizzle, not that sugar headache on a plate in the photos!
Hmmm, I used the easy blackberry cheese danish recipe that called for one tube of dough and 8 oz cream cheese. In any event..the 8 oz is too much so I'll follow your lead and cut it in half next time. The frosting drizzle with almond tasted great but I never use as much as called for . If you try the chocolate drizzle let me know how it comes out.

Hmmm, I used the easy blackberry cheese danish recipe that called for one tube of dough and 8 oz cream cheese. In any event..the 8 oz is too much so I'll follow your lead and cut it in half next time. The frosting drizzle with almond tasted great but I never use as much as called for . If you try the chocolate drizzle let me know how it comes out.
Yup, same recipe here. I just looked at the cream cheese and the dough and said eww, too much cream cheese!

Next time I make it I'm going to use ricotta instead of cream cheese. More of a canolli filling.

So far it doesn't look a thing like the pix. Suggestions: if it's humid and hot in the kitchen freeze the baking sheet first. The dough got so soggy in this humidity it just stuck to the pan. The braiding is a joke. OK, partly because it is so humid here. Anyhoo. one in the oven. Not bothering with the next one until I see how this comes out. I may just make muffins instead..
Easy cheese danish with raspberries
Easy%20Cheese%20Danish.jpg

OK, yours looks good! I made 2 of them and they're 'ok'. I'll reheat them a bit in the morning and slap the drizzle on them. I should get 16 slices. We have 16 guests. Close enough. ;-)
I've never reheated them. Let me know how that works out. You'll be amazed how much better it looks after it's drizzled!. Did you put any fruit in them?
I made the Easy Berry Cheese Danish with raspberries, last week and froze it. Thawed it out in refrigerator over night and heated it on a silpat this morning. Looked fabulous and not a crumb came back to the kitchen this morning.

So far it doesn't look a thing like the pix. Suggestions: if it's humid and hot in the kitchen freeze the baking sheet first. The dough got so soggy in this humidity it just stuck to the pan. The braiding is a joke. OK, partly because it is so humid here. Anyhoo. one in the oven. Not bothering with the next one until I see how this comes out. I may just make muffins instead..

OK, yours looks good! I made 2 of them and they're 'ok'. I'll reheat them a bit in the morning and slap the drizzle on them. I should get 16 slices. We have 16 guests. Close enough. ;-)
I've never reheated them. Let me know how that works out. You'll be amazed how much better it looks after it's drizzled!. Did you put any fruit in them?
I made the Easy Berry Cheese Danish with raspberries, last week and froze it. Thawed it out in refrigerator over night and heated it on a silpat this morning. Looked fabulous and not a crumb came back to the kitchen this morning.
So, it was cooked already when you froze it?

Yup, baked it, cooled it, froze it in foil. Worked like a charm!

Yup, baked it, cooled it, froze it in foil. Worked like a charm!
Great info. Thanks!! I've got a bunch of raspberries & blackberries so I'll give it a try!

Back