Easy Cheese Danish

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
From a new fave food blogger "The Country Cook" I follow on Twitter and FB and love every recipe she shares!
Easy Cheese Danish[/h3]
(Apple danish is just below this recipe)

Here's another recipe that I use. It uses the same basic ingredients but it's quicker to put together and I make 6 servings out of it. Guests love it and it looks way more impressive than the few minutes it takes to put together. I do it with raspberries. In fact, I did it this morning!
Easy Blackberry Cheese Danish

OK, don't hit me, but the crescent rolls in the tube idea sounds easy, the pix look good,
but....
can anything based on stuff out of a cardboard tube actually taste guest-worthy?
More than one of you have chimed in on this, so I may really be missing a good thing, but I tried biscuits in a tube...
once.
Big mistake.

OK, don't hit me, but the crescent rolls in the tube idea sounds easy, the pix look good,
but....
can anything based on stuff out of a cardboard tube actually taste guest-worthy?
More than one of you have chimed in on this, so I may really be missing a good thing, but I tried biscuits in a tube...
once.
Big mistake..
Darn tootin' I'm using something out of a tin when I can't even leave butter out for 5 minutes without it being melted.

but....
once.
Big mistake..
Before I made the blackberry cheese danish, I had never used canned crescent rolls. I thought the same way you did. But now I'm a believer! I wouldn't serve them as crescent rolls, but they're darned good and easy and totally unrecognizable in these recipes.
When I first started innkeeping, I was much more of a purist about baking than I am now. Now, give me a quality packaged or short cut and I'm happy, my guests are thrilled (they don't know the difference) and I get a few more minutes to myself instead of baking every day.
Try it, you may like it! Oh, and there was nothing left of the raspberry cheese Danish I made this morning. Everyone scarfed it up.

but....
once.
Big mistake..
If you put enough butter and sugar on something, it tastes good!
wink_smile.gif

So far it doesn't look a thing like the pix. Suggestions: if it's humid and hot in the kitchen freeze the baking sheet first. The dough got so soggy in this humidity it just stuck to the pan. The braiding is a joke. OK, partly because it is so humid here. Anyhoo. one in the oven. Not bothering with the next one until I see how this comes out. I may just make muffins instead.

So far it doesn't look a thing like the pix. Suggestions: if it's humid and hot in the kitchen freeze the baking sheet first. The dough got so soggy in this humidity it just stuck to the pan. The braiding is a joke. OK, partly because it is so humid here. Anyhoo. one in the oven. Not bothering with the next one until I see how this comes out. I may just make muffins instead..
Madeleine said:
So far it doesn't look a thing like the pix. Suggestions: if it's humid and hot in the kitchen freeze the baking sheet first. The dough got so soggy in this humidity it just stuck to the pan. The braiding is a joke. OK, partly because it is so humid here. Anyhoo. one in the oven. Not bothering with the next one until I see how this comes out. I may just make muffins instead.
forget about the braiding. Just slap it over on top. Once you cut it, nobody knows the difference anyway. I never try to braid.

So far it doesn't look a thing like the pix. Suggestions: if it's humid and hot in the kitchen freeze the baking sheet first. The dough got so soggy in this humidity it just stuck to the pan. The braiding is a joke. OK, partly because it is so humid here. Anyhoo. one in the oven. Not bothering with the next one until I see how this comes out. I may just make muffins instead..
Easy cheese danish with raspberries
Easy%20Cheese%20Danish.jpg

OK, yours looks good! I made 2 of them and they're 'ok'. I'll reheat them a bit in the morning and slap the drizzle on them. I should get 16 slices. We have 16 guests. Close enough. ;-)

OK, yours looks good! I made 2 of them and they're 'ok'. I'll reheat them a bit in the morning and slap the drizzle on them. I should get 16 slices. We have 16 guests. Close enough. ;-)
I've never reheated them. Let me know how that works out. You'll be amazed how much better it looks after it's drizzled!. Did you put any fruit in them?

I've never reheated them. Let me know how that works out. You'll be amazed how much better it looks after it's drizzled!. Did you put any fruit in them?
Oh yeah. Fruit! It looks so blah with just cheese so I loaded it up with blueberries.

Too hot to bake. In this weather I just reheat some croissants and call it a day. Or use the bread machine to have hot savory bread ready in the AM.

Here's another recipe that I use. It uses the same basic ingredients but it's quicker to put together and I make 6 servings out of it. Guests love it and it looks way more impressive than the few minutes it takes to put together. I do it with raspberries. In fact, I did it this morning!
Easy Blackberry Cheese Danish.
Has anyone tried putting this together at night, refrigerating it and then baking it in the AM?

Has anyone tried putting this together at night, refrigerating it and then baking it in the AM?
I baked it at night. But would like to know if it works sitting over night.

I might give it a try if I can summon up a little energy. I was all fired up to do it earlier but then we went out for a pizza and beer...now I just want to to take a nap! LOL
1 hour later....made up the danish and put it in ref. over night. Will let you know how it came out once I bake it in the am.

I might give it a try if I can summon up a little energy. I was all fired up to do it earlier but then we went out for a pizza and beer...now I just want to to take a nap! LOL
1 hour later....made up the danish and put it in ref. over night. Will let you know how it came out once I bake it in the am.
OK so I put this together at night and baked it in the morning. Tasted fabulous and looked even better. I used tons of fresh raspberries and instead of vanilla in the icing I used almond extract. Next time I will cut back on the cream cheese and try 6 oz instead of the full 8 oz the recipe calls for.
There was no way to tell that the pastry was cresent rolls. I am a from scratch baker and would normally not use a premade product. In this case, however it was easy, delicious and well worth it.
Thanks for sharing this great recipe.

Back