Edmond OK

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Please Edmond OK do you have a different Featured Inn photo other than a couple nude in a bathtub? I don't want to have to screen save my pc every time I walk away for my kids to see that. Do you have an exterior photo instead of a PEOPLE shot? I, and other parents on the forum would appreciate it.

I don't have any kids and I do not like it myself. It certainly does not make me want to stay there. It actually makes my think of the Sybaris (pobably spelled wrong) in the Chicago area that is rented in 4 hour time slots for big bucks with mirrors on ceilings, etc It is exactly what they owners bill it as - put a little spice in your anniversary or whatever. Is that what the inn in Edmond, OK is? This is a family "normal people" Forum
Oh Great Poobah, can we condemn that photo? Yes, I know it is censorship, but has that site ever done anything other than post the inn and photo? I prefer to look at it as we have standards rather than censorship..

I don't have any kids and I do not like it myself. It certainly does not make me want to stay there. It actually makes my think of the Sybaris (pobably spelled wrong) in the Chicago area that is rented in 4 hour time slots for big bucks with mirrors on ceilings, etc It is exactly what they owners bill it as - put a little spice in your anniversary or whatever. Is that what the inn in Edmond, OK is? This is a family "normal people" Forum
Oh Great Poobah, can we condemn that photo? Yes, I know it is censorship, but has that site ever done anything other than post the inn and photo? I prefer to look at it as we have standards rather than censorship...
Oh Great Poobah, can we condemn that photo? Yes, I know it is censorship, but has that site ever done anything other than post the inn and photo? I prefer to look at it as we have standards rather than censorship..
Well let's see if the desired response comes from JBJ's request. Give them a chance to do right before I go in and fiddle with it.

I am not "personally" offended by it either. But if others are, I am willing to listen.
I hadn't thought of "no suggestive" in the terms...it would probably wise for me to add someting.

i don't find it offensive. it's just two people in a tub. a tiny little picture in the upper right corner ... i suppose it's suggestive if you are old enough to get the implication. but condemn that photo? not me. plus, i hardly ever see it. . and once i'm posting, the featured inn disappears.
that place has a nice picture of a building with a great porch that i like so much better. why not email the place, tell them two members of the forum have raised objections to the photo and would they kindly post another one. see what the response is.
in your posting rules for links to b&b's, do you say 'no suggestive photos' or some such? management reserves the right to .....

I am not "personally" offended by it either. But if others are, I am willing to listen.
I hadn't thought of "no suggestive" in the terms...it would probably wise for me to add someting..
It doesn't bother me either. I thought it was unusual...but hey...that's life:)

it does not bother me...it's not really any different than seeing people in a swimming pool.

it does not bother me...it's not really any different than seeing people in a swimming pool..
Huh? Not to be offending, but in a swimming pool people usually wear bathing suits. It is the bathtub that brings the perception. I tell my guests my claw-foot is big enough for 2, but there is no way I am going to post a photo to suggest it. It comes under the heading of why we do not post photos of people in bed or in the hot tub - we want them to imagine themselves there, not have the image of someone else there and now putting themselves where others are. Of course many people have used that hot tub, but I have not seen them there and I assume it has been cleaned since.

oh i'm not offended...i was just throwing in my point of view like everyone else has and to me, only me, personally, that is how i first responded/reacted to the photo. i'm not saying that everyone else has to respond to the photo that way. that's just how i personally see it.
i was not even aware the photo existed until it became a topic of discussion then i went looking for it so i could see for myself what photo the discussion was referring to.

Back