EEEEWWWW!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Condiment dispensers
Holding the bottle with a napkin won't help; napkins are porous, so microorganisms can pass right through, Reynolds says.

Restroom door handles

Palm a spare paper towel after you wash up and use it to grasp the handle. Yes, other patrons may think you're a germ-phobe--but you'll never see them again, and you're the one who won't get sick.
Do these 2 statement pretty much contradict each other? Napkin won't help, paper towel will? Napkin too thin? Paper towel thick enough? What's the deal?.
I didn't write it, I just copied it :-(
I know.
embaressed_smile.gif
Just trying to figure it out. Not that it makes the least difference to me. I suck on the lemons in my water (IN my water, that's where they end up!), open doors with no thought to who used them prior to me, pump the condiment handle, read the menus (even the horribly tacky and grungy ones), read the magazines wherever I find them and do all that other stuff that just goes along with life on Earth with other humanoids.
Good grief, look at what I do everyday!
Yes, I get sick. One time last year it was really bad, 3 weeks of miserable. But, c'est la vie. What can I do? We're both good for one really serious cold per year.
Knock on wood..I haven't had a cold or flu for 2 years! Our priest was coughing and hacking all over the place the past 2 weeks...I cringe when I take communion and then he wants to shake everyone' hand when we leave
cry_smile.gif
I run right to my car and put on my hand sanitizer!!!

Just a reminder, get your flu shots and get a pneumonia shot, it lasts 10 yrs and can be effective against almost 80% of respiratory infections. So said the doc. It sure helped me!.
I had mine! Got my shingles and tetanus/pertusis last week. Still too young for pneumonia shot says the DR. :)

Just a reminder, get your flu shots and get a pneumonia shot, it lasts 10 yrs and can be effective against almost 80% of respiratory infections. So said the doc. It sure helped me!.
I had mine! Got my shingles and tetanus/pertusis last week. Still too young for pneumonia shot says the DR. :)
My doc says if you don't want to get sick, get the vaccine. She has her grand-daughters get it. County health dept. and some big box clinics will give them too. GET ONE! Haven't had a problem in decades, after battling chronic bronchitis for years previously.

ok I get that washing your hands often is a must specially if you work with the public or go someplace. Yes, those stupid wash cloths you have at the supermarket are just plain STUPID! the idea they have does not work cause hey-you touch every item in the market so whats the point. The only way that you MAY NOT get anything is if you wear gloves and dont touch your mouth, or face.
I think its important to keep away from people that are in hospitals or stay away from hospitals if you can-they are loaded with germs...I just don't see this "germaphobic" thing helping comon sense cleaning such as washing your hands diligently or often and teaching your kids to do the same...its just comon sense people.
I do agree that public bathrooms are the worse, and I only go if I absolutely positively have to go...but hey to each his own.

white pine said:
Just a reminder, get your flu shots and get a pneumonia shot, it lasts 10 yrs and can be effective against almost 80% of respiratory infections. So said the doc. It sure helped me!
All set with both of those!

Condiment dispensers
Holding the bottle with a napkin won't help; napkins are porous, so microorganisms can pass right through, Reynolds says.

Restroom door handles

Palm a spare paper towel after you wash up and use it to grasp the handle. Yes, other patrons may think you're a germ-phobe--but you'll never see them again, and you're the one who won't get sick.
Do these 2 statement pretty much contradict each other? Napkin won't help, paper towel will? Napkin too thin? Paper towel thick enough? What's the deal?.
I didn't write it, I just copied it :-(
I know.
embaressed_smile.gif
Just trying to figure it out. Not that it makes the least difference to me. I suck on the lemons in my water (IN my water, that's where they end up!), open doors with no thought to who used them prior to me, pump the condiment handle, read the menus (even the horribly tacky and grungy ones), read the magazines wherever I find them and do all that other stuff that just goes along with life on Earth with other humanoids.
Good grief, look at what I do everyday!
Yes, I get sick. One time last year it was really bad, 3 weeks of miserable. But, c'est la vie. What can I do? We're both good for one really serious cold per year.
Stair railings. Same thing - but at my age I will hang on and take my chances. Of course I grew up in the era before the phrase "and die" was added to "Eat dirt!" Mom's phrase was - you eat a peck of dirt before you die. But I am a dinosaur from the days where we had a garden and canned or froze our fruit & veggies, made our jelly, got our eggs & Sunday dinner from the hen house (and supper was the leftovers if any), milked the cows to get our milk, cream and then churned the butter, and butchered the bull calves when they were a year old for our meat. We bought flour, sugar, coffee, & tea. Mom made all our bread (I cannot remember what she bought from the bread man - maybe pumpernikel - that she ran off when he killed her black snake), cookies, etc. Poor Mom. I do not mind being "liberated!".
gillumhouse said:
Stair railings. Same thing - but at my age I will hang on and take my chances. Of course I grew up in the era before the phrase "and die" was added to "Eat dirt!" Mom's phrase was - you eat a peck of dirt before you die. But I am a dinosaur from the days where we had a garden and canned or froze our fruit & veggies, made our jelly, got our eggs & Sunday dinner from the hen house (and supper was the leftovers if any), milked the cows to get our milk, cream and then churned the butter, and butchered the bull calves when they were a year old for our meat. We bought flour, sugar, coffee, & tea. Mom made all our bread (I cannot remember what she bought from the bread man - maybe pumpernikel - that she ran off when he killed her black snake), cookies, etc. Poor Mom. I do not mind being "liberated!".
I live a life very close to that and we are rarely ever sick. Ever. The only thing my hubby won't let me have is a cow for milk. He thinks (and he's right) it'll take up too much pasture space. So, we get it from other sources :) Other than that...super close lifestyle. Love it!

My doc says if you don't want to get sick, get the vaccine. She has her grand-daughters get it. County health dept. and some big box clinics will give them too. GET ONE! Haven't had a problem in decades, after battling chronic bronchitis for years previously.
I got rid of my bronchitis by moving from Illinois to WV. TRUTH! In Illinois I would get it about every other year and at different times of year so bad that no antibiotic touched it. I would cough "from my toes" (one doc bypassed the next patient because he heard me coughing so hard - one of the times DH twisted my arm to go) for 3 months. It did not matter what I did or took. I actually had one of my bouts when we moved here - and have not had another like that since.

Back