eeeewwwwwww! That's just nasty!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Farmers Daughter

Reaction score
Ick. Ick. Ick!
I have a soldier out on leave and his girlfriend here for a 3 night getaway. They are 'catching up'.
I can not adequately describe their bedroom...it looks like a condom bomb went off.
There are used condoms on the floor, on the bed, on the nightstands. 1 in a potted plant and a few that managed to hit the trash can.
I am totally grossed out. To make my point....I am tempted to not touch a thing in there until they pick up a bit.
What do you think? ick...ick...ick

Rubber gloves. They don't care and won't be the least embarrassed if you leave it all lying around for them to pick up later. If they are going to continue to play catch up it will only be worse tomorrow if you leave it all around today. Anyone who would go off and leave a room looking like that has no shame, don't waste your time trying to give it to them.
Move the trash can closer to the bed.

EEWWWW GROSS...how can people do that? My Lord, we know they can catch up...but do it neatly for heaven's sake. I would be tempted to just leave it all there EEWWW

Sadly, I agree it would be best to clean it up. Of course using rubber gloves, spray or whatever. Yuck.

Ah youth, it's wasted in on the young.
confused_smile.gif

You could pick up after them wearing a hazmat suit, but after they leave your going to have to clean every square inch of the room, wash ALL the linens and depending on how much "catching up" they did, the curtains. You might need to invest in a black light to make sure you get it all. The, uh hmmm, "stains" appear as pale greenish yellow under a blacklight, just like most white things glow bright purple.

confused_smile.gif

You could pick up after them wearing a hazmat suit, but after they leave your going to have to clean every square inch of the room, wash ALL the linens and depending on how much "catching up" they did, the curtains. You might need to invest in a black light to make sure you get it all. The, uh hmmm, "stains" appear as pale greenish yellow under a blacklight, just like most white things glow bright purple..
Proud Texan said:
confused_smile.gif

The, uh hmmm, "stains" appear as pale greenish yellow under a blacklight, just like most white things glow bright purple.
oh...gee....thanks for that
barf.gif

Are you scheduled to go into their room for daily maid service? So they know this will occur?
If so I would evict them. I would NEVER put up with that filthy behavior. What pigs.

Are you scheduled to go into their room for daily maid service? So they know this will occur?
If so I would evict them. I would NEVER put up with that filthy behavior. What pigs..
Joe Bloggs said:
If so I would evict them. I would NEVER put up with that filthy behavior. What pigs.
Yes, daily chamber care is included. They could have put out the DND sign on their door if they wanted it to be left alone.

That is disgusting. I agree with Moosie. Rubber gloves to pick all the debris up and put the trash can near the bed. Geez, use a trash can, dude.
Of course, you know you'll have your work cut out for you when they leave since the whole room will have to be stripped and you'll have to Lysol the heck out of everything.
barf.gif

That is just discusting and is right up there with my guests that left a bunch of - used personal toys out on the bed AFTER telling me that they needed their bed linens changed during breakfast. Yes, they KNEW what they were doing and most likely getting a cuckle over what they preceived my reaction would be. Well needless to say, their linens we not touched, nor the bed made... They were left a kind note stating that we did not service rooms with personal items left on the bed or in areas preventing us to clean without touching their items.

How can ANYONE behave like that outside of their own home. If I saw used condoms on my furniture and in my potted plants, I would pick them up and lay them IN their luggage. That's just disgusting and uncalled for. Heck, I'd probably ask them to leave pronto. I won't stand for that kind of disrespect to me and to my property.

What if you printed up a big sign and taped it to and above the trash can and put it next to the bed. Say something like "DISPOSE OF USED CONDOMS IN TRASH AND NOT ON FURNITURE"....would something like that do anything?? YUCK!

I am sorry, good business or not..I would tell them that we are not the chep hotel at the corner and would ask them to leave.
This is very rude.

Update:
I did clean the room. I figured if I let them sit, they might adhere to the wood or the rugs and be twice as hard to clean in 48 hours.
Today, they had out the DND sign and did not leave the room all day,
Tomorrow they leave. I can hardly wait to see what I find after 2 days without chamber care.
confused_smile.gif

that is too bad. not a nice thing to do.
i've encountered this myself and it's just wrong.
unsanitary. disrespectful. if a couple was at home, surely they would dispose of these things properly, not leave them about. even if they had not intended for someone to come in and find them when they were out of the room, it's dirty not to throw them away ~ every time one was used. yuck.
sorry. :(

Update:
I did clean the room. I figured if I let them sit, they might adhere to the wood or the rugs and be twice as hard to clean in 48 hours.
Today, they had out the DND sign and did not leave the room all day,
Tomorrow they leave. I can hardly wait to see what I find after 2 days without chamber care.
confused_smile.gif
You poor thing! Ick, ick, ick....
Hopefully, they left the room in better shape today when they checked out?

SILVER LINING
At least they used protection and the chances are good that they won't procreate. We don't need them creating additional idiots.

Back