Eggs Benedict Casserole Recipe

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Eggs Benedict Casserole Recipe[/h1]
I have no idea why anyone would make this, 1) you lose the who impact of how lovely eggs bennie look on a plate, 2) it only seems like MORE work, not less like the recipe implies, but nevertheless here it is, a casserole, and that caught my eye (because it was different).

I guess the benefit is that you can do the prep the day before, and as you say, it's different. Worth trying to see if it's as good as the real thing.
But I can't really think about it today. Earl Scruggs died.
_________
Edited to add, serves 12 and only has 8 eggs? I want a whole egg in my Eggs Benedict! It's Eggs Benedict, dang it. It's not about watching your weight and cholesterol!!!

I guess the benefit is that you can do the prep the day before, and as you say, it's different. Worth trying to see if it's as good as the real thing.
But I can't really think about it today. Earl Scruggs died.
_________
Edited to add, serves 12 and only has 8 eggs? I want a whole egg in my Eggs Benedict! It's Eggs Benedict, dang it. It's not about watching your weight and cholesterol!!!.
... and less ham, so I think it is the "bargain bennie"
________
Yeah a legend. American music pioneer.

Several years ago I stopped making the traditional Eggs Benny because people were freaked out over the egg yolks. I started doing a variation of this recipe, but in individual baking cups...ham on the bottom, cut up muffins, egg milk mixture poured over, then set in fridge overnight. Bake in the morning, plate by turning egg cup upside down and removing mixture to a plate (upside down so now ham in on top). Pour hollandaise over top.
Because no one saw the yolk, they eat it up. Go figure!

Several years ago I stopped making the traditional Eggs Benny because people were freaked out over the egg yolks. I started doing a variation of this recipe, but in individual baking cups...ham on the bottom, cut up muffins, egg milk mixture poured over, then set in fridge overnight. Bake in the morning, plate by turning egg cup upside down and removing mixture to a plate (upside down so now ham in on top). Pour hollandaise over top.
Because no one saw the yolk, they eat it up. Go figure!.
Breakfast Diva said:
Because no one saw the yolk, they eat it up. Go figure!
I have the same problem. This sounds like something they would eat, though! Thanks for the info!!
Riki

I scramble the eggs. In fact, like quiche many have never had eggs bennie due to the yolk issue. So are pleasantly surprised how much they like it! It reminds me of the day I was tricked into anchovy on my pizza, and became instantly addicted. (it was a real pizza pie tho, not a chain) and I loved it! Before that you could never convince me to put fish on a pizza.
chef.gif

I scramble the eggs. In fact, like quiche many have never had eggs bennie due to the yolk issue. So are pleasantly surprised how much they like it! It reminds me of the day I was tricked into anchovy on my pizza, and became instantly addicted. (it was a real pizza pie tho, not a chain) and I loved it! Before that you could never convince me to put fish on a pizza.
chef.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
chef.gif
I was the same way with anchovy on cesar salad. A real cesar should have anchovies on top. One I tasted it, I was hooked!

chef.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
chef.gif
I was the same way with anchovy on cesar salad. A real cesar should have anchovies on top. One I tasted it, I was hooked!
DH won't order a Caesar salad if the restaurant doesn't have anchovies.

chef.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
chef.gif
Madeleine said:
cheers.gif

Back