Eggs eggs eggs

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, the beauty of staying at a B&B is having a decadent breakfast that you would never have at home.... at least that's why I love them so much! Fortunately, I don't have allergies and eat most anything. So take heart, and may the majority of your guests not be so picky!.
Yes, the majority of our guests forgo any diets because they are on "vacation". Most clean their plates. In fact, two young ladies together this weekend said wanted to lick their plates but knew their mothers would find out....

Ok, the beauty of staying at a B&B is having a decadent breakfast that you would never have at home.... at least that's why I love them so much! Fortunately, I don't have allergies and eat most anything. So take heart, and may the majority of your guests not be so picky!.
Yes, the majority of our guests forgo any diets because they are on "vacation". Most clean their plates. In fact, two young ladies together this weekend said wanted to lick their plates but knew their mothers would find out....
My horse people were delighted to see a "care package" of muffins appear (pumpkin choco-chip). After breakfast I got the most asked question (twice since the second did not know the first had already asked) "Can we have a zip-loc and take the rest of our bread?" Breakfast was the standard egg bake and they loved it.

It's one of my pet peeves, I just wish people would say "I don't eat eggs, omelets, etc. But it's fine cooked in things." That, I can understand. It's the fake chicken egg allergies. Egg allergy is deadly! You need to be carrying an epipen with you. It's as serious as peanut allergy.
I respect people who have preferences. I don't respect lies.

My horse people were delighted to see a "care package" of muffins appear (pumpkin choco-chip). After breakfast I got the most asked question (twice since the second did not know the first had already asked) "Can we have a zip-loc and take the rest of our bread?" Breakfast was the standard egg bake and they loved it.
This year I've had several asking for foil to wrap up the rest of their bread and maybe a sausage "for later". Frugal ways making a comeback?

This year I've had several asking for foil to wrap up the rest of their bread and maybe a sausage "for later". Frugal ways making a comeback?
Nah! it is because the bread is so good. You know your bread is the best they have ever tasted.

Anon Inn said:
Or maybe they are getting too much food and want to be polite and not waste any? Or they might be embarrassed so take it togo, I would probably do this. Not being dishonest, but not wanting to look or appear as if I didn't enjoy the meal. If this happens often I would consider rethinking portion sizes.
Not saying this is the case, just thinking aloud here...I know the little granny I had, even when I served her 1/3 sized portions per her request always wanted to take the rest with her.

Anon Inn said:
Or maybe they are getting too much food and want to be polite and not waste any? Or they might be embarrassed so take it togo, I would probably do this. Not being dishonest, but not wanting to look or appear as if I didn't enjoy the meal. If this happens often I would consider rethinking portion sizes.
Not saying this is the case, just thinking aloud here...I know the little granny I had, even when I served her 1/3 sized portions per her request always wanted to take the rest with her.
We've only had the request for 'to go' when we've served muffins. This past week we've had guests who ate everything in sight. Cleaned up 2 fruit pies, 1 coffee cake, 1 pan of brownies, 1 bundt cake, 2 gallons of OJ, 8 lbs of sausage, 5 doz eggs, 24 pancakes, 36 slices of french toast, 2 quarts of fruit (not counting the 2 qts that were in the 2 pies), 1 1/2 gallons of milk and 1 gallon of half & half in 3 days. (There was some amount of cereal but I just lost track!)
They ate lunch and dinner as well. I'm only happy I don't have to feed them every meal!

Anon Inn said:
We've only had the request for 'to go' when we've served muffins. This past week we've had guests who ate everything in sight. Cleaned up 2 fruit pies, 1 coffee cake, 1 pan of brownies, 1 bundt cake, 2 gallons of OJ, 8 lbs of sausage, 5 doz eggs, 24 pancakes, 36 slices of french toast, 2 quarts of fruit (not counting the 2 qts that were in the 2 pies), 1 1/2 gallons of milk and 1 gallon of half & half in 3 days. (There was some amount of cereal but I just lost track!)
They ate lunch and dinner as well. I'm only happy I don't have to feed them every meal!
I always offer a "care package" of muffins so they feel they "got something extra".
I forgot I was out of Romano so this morning's eggs were 2 cheese. Breakfast started with ting snifters with cocktail sauce in them and 3 large shrimp on the rims and a bit of lemon in the center.

Anon Inn said:
Hey JB, as I recall you don't eat eggs. I have several guests staying within the next month who have put us on notice that they 'don't eat eggs". They like pancakes, but since they are staying 4 nights, and since I alternate a sweet entree with a savory entree that leaves me with two savory days (eggs). Do you think serving bagels, smoked salmon, cream cheese etc. might work on the savory days for those who do not eat eggs? Or would you rather just eat around the eggs and fill up on the sides and breads? Of course cereal, fruit yogurt are always available too. Whaddya think?

Anon Inn said:
Hey JB, as I recall you don't eat eggs. I have several guests staying within the next month who have put us on notice that they 'don't eat eggs". They like pancakes, but since they are staying 4 nights, and since I alternate a sweet entree with a savory entree that leaves me with two savory days (eggs). Do you think serving bagels, smoked salmon, cream cheese etc. might work on the savory days for those who do not eat eggs? Or would you rather just eat around the eggs and fill up on the sides and breads? Of course cereal, fruit yogurt are always available too. Whaddya think?
Silverspoon said:
I actually ate an egg today.
whattha.gif
Not my pref, in the least, as you know.
I think the bagels and goodies would be delightful! I don't think it is a big deal to a person to not eat eggs on the dish, (I know I say that as we have all had those difficult guests who act like they will die by simply looking at an egg...the poor things).
My single traveler today could not eat strawberries, she put that on her rez. Everything was dandy and I asked my daughter to give her some jam (yes, you can probably see what is coming and fill in the rest of the story...) She did have it, but she just didn't eat MUCH OF IT!!
She didn't flip out or anything...and we apologized and then she said the oddest thing. She said "You know I can actually EAT cooked strawberries as in preserves, just not raw, so I just say no strawberries, or I get a bad rash.
chef.gif

Anon Inn said:
I always offer a "care package" of muffins so they feel they "got something extra".
I forgot I was out of Romano so this morning's eggs were 2 cheese. Breakfast started with ting snifters with cocktail sauce in them and 3 large shrimp on the rims and a bit of lemon in the center.
We rarely have leftovers. We make enough for each person to get a nice serving. For some people it's not enough (they go on and eat cereal), for others it is too much (they leave it on the plate) and for others it is just right. I feel like Goldilocks here some days.
I have one slice of quiche in the fridge and 1 slice of pie. That's all that's left from the hordes.

Anon Inn said:
Silverspoon said:
I actually ate an egg today.
whattha.gif
Not my pref, in the least, as you know.
I think the bagels and goodies would be delightful! I don't think it is a big deal to a person to not eat eggs on the dish, (I know I say that as we have all had those difficult guests who act like they will die by simply looking at an egg...the poor things).
My single traveler today could not eat strawberries, she put that on her rez. Everything was dandy and I asked my daughter to give her some jam (yes, you can probably see what is coming and fill in the rest of the story...) She did have it, but she just didn't eat MUCH OF IT!!
She didn't flip out or anything...and we apologized and then she said the oddest thing. She said "You know I can actually EAT cooked strawberries as in preserves, just not raw, so I just say no strawberries, or I get a bad rash.
chef.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
chef.gif
We get that with pineapple. I've had other people tell me they nuke it for 5 seconds and the enzyme that causes the problem is gone. We just had grilled pineapple spears for dinner. Oh dear. And I've been eating fresh strawberries all day. Even cut them up and put them on my salad with dinner.

Anon Inn said:
Bagels, lox or gravlax, cream cheese sounds like a great breakfast to me. Cheese Blintzes will work too. Crepes with cheese and bacon? Crepes with avocado? Sausage corn dog? (Basically pancake batter or corn muffin batter on a breakfast sausage.)
I'm working on a recipe for a breakfast egg roll, but that's a ways off.

Anon Inn said:
If you skipped the eggs for 2 days and served me toasted onion and garlic bagels, cream cheese and smoked salmon you would be my new best friend. I will eat eggs if I have to but I really can't stand the smell of them or the look of them. Not their essential egginess, I love eggy french toast. Love a nice fried egg or an omelet. But there is just something about a mess o eggs first thing in the morning that sets my teeth on edge. I'm ok with the eggs by noon.
If it were up to me I would serve sweet breakfasts every day.

Back