Eggs eggs eggs

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TMI
I just want to know if they will eat what I cook, plain and simple. I am not a big fan of eggs, I just wouldn't eat them, but if they make me sick, I would have to tell someone in advance.

Goodmorning! I joined this forum last night, after the rude guest I have had this summer I needed to find a place to vent where people understand!
Just last night I had a couple who asked me what breakfast "entailes" i gave them a brief description of a lovely breakfast and they told me they were not interested in that and they prefered eggs. In the morning instead of sitting down at 8:00am like they requested they loaded up their car while the rest of our guests waited for them. They sat down at 8:15 and recieved their eggs. As they looked at the other guests food I believe they were wishing they had not been so rude about the breakfast they were "not interested in".
People are so funny about eggs and they make their srtong dislike for them sound like an alergy. How about give us a little more information so that we can make your stay and breakfast better for you!
(what is propper etiquette on this forum should I introduce myself or just jump right in?).
Welcome...
sunshine85 said:
... they told me they were not interested in that and they prefered eggs. In the morning instead of sitting down at 8:00am like they requested they loaded up their car while the rest of our guests waited for them. They sat down at 8:15 and recieved their eggs. As they looked at the other guests food I believe they were wishing they had not been so rude about the breakfast they were "not interested in"....
That's Schadenfreude! (Enjoyment in the misery of others). There are days that is the highlight of my day, some fool setting themselves up in that way.
The fake egg allergies are the most fun. Ask them if they have their epinephrine (adrenaline) shot handy, just in case. Ask them if they are also allergic to duck eggs. For the most part egg allergies are a childhood allergy and many aren't allergic to duck eggs, just chicken. Ask if the have had their flu vaccine last year (or this year) If they don't really know, don't have their shot... they are faking it. It's fun to see them squirm a bit instead of being an adult and just plain saying that they don't eat eggs that they can see. And they can't take the flu shot... it has eggs in it!
Egg white intolerance is different. These people generally can have small amounts of eggs, they aren't allergic, per se. (It's the whites... not the yolk they are intolerant of).
My dad cannot get the flu shot. Eggs make him very ill. He does not, never has, traveled with an epi pen. Some people just get sick, not deathly ill. No one wants to spend their vacation writhing in pain because they ate something they knew they shouldn't.
How many people in this big world have ever SEEN a duck egg much less eaten one? They have an egg allergy. No need to quiz them like you're a physician.
'Can you eat foods with eggs baked into them or will that make you sick as well?' Yes or no, that's all there is to that. Of course we hate the guest who is just messing with us because we really don't know if they have an allergy or an aversion. But they are few and far between.
I will suggest guests might want to TRY duck or goose eggs on their own time. And I let them know that it is possibly the chicken FEED that they have the allergy to. Whether they ever try it or not, I won't know.
Right, eggs making him ill is intolerance, not allergy. Honestly, real egg allergy... is deadly, like bee stings. They need to travel with an epi pen and they know it.
Not only seen duck eggs, eaten duck eggs and quail eggs, maybe a few more. The guy at the market around here stocks a lot of them... even stocks size small eggs (which I had never seen until I started going to the local market.
If the guest would only be honest in the first place, instead of starting with lies. I can deal with egg intolerance. I can deal with people afraid of eating eggs (why they are afraid is none of my damn business), but it's the ones that fake it that get me.

oh boy. 'what can you eat?' seems the most sensible.
i've never had a duck egg.

Thank you for the pointers and kindness! I feel very welcomed!
I'm meghan and I have a 6 room B&B close to Lake Michigan. Married with a 16 month old and a husband who has another job out side of the house. We purchased the b&b 3.5 years ago!.
Welcome! I've traveled and lived all over but I've never been to Lake Michigan! Jump right in and vent away!
welcome.gif

I'm meghan and I have a 6 room B&B close to Lake Michigan. Married with a 16 month old and a husband who has another job out side of the house. We purchased the b&b 3.5 years ago!.
Welcome! I've traveled and lived all over but I've never been to Lake Michigan! Jump right in and vent away!
welcome.gif

Samster said:
welcome.gif
Thank you!!! Lake Michigan is beautiful! We are also very close to Lake Superior they are both worth checking out! What part of the world are you from ?

Goodmorning! I joined this forum last night, after the rude guest I have had this summer I needed to find a place to vent where people understand!
Just last night I had a couple who asked me what breakfast "entailes" i gave them a brief description of a lovely breakfast and they told me they were not interested in that and they prefered eggs. In the morning instead of sitting down at 8:00am like they requested they loaded up their car while the rest of our guests waited for them. They sat down at 8:15 and recieved their eggs. As they looked at the other guests food I believe they were wishing they had not been so rude about the breakfast they were "not interested in".
People are so funny about eggs and they make their srtong dislike for them sound like an alergy. How about give us a little more information so that we can make your stay and breakfast better for you!
(what is propper etiquette on this forum should I introduce myself or just jump right in?).
sunshine85 said:
You have come to the right place! Welcome Sunshine. Just as a warning there is a sunshine on this forum, not 85 tho. You can always alter your user ID to read something abbreviated etc. Wouldn't want y'all to be confused. I mean, for us to confuse you, see it is already happening, I am stutter-typing. :)
welcome.gif

Most here know who each other are, we post or share then remove so we can get the gist of who and where you are. But I prefer to remain anon for the general public by chance they search so I can speak more freely.
Okay I replied before reading, what's new...We have had a few innkeepers here from MI. I follow a few on twitter (maybe even you?) and you guys are rockin' with the tourism ads right now! 3.5 years and you are only just now finding us...well I foresee a back log of pitas stories in your future to share with us. (PS there is a glossary of terms as we have our own inn-speak for the most part here now)
Joey Bloggs said:
sunshine85 said:
You have come to the right place! Welcome Sunshine. Just as a warning there is a sunshine on this forum, not 85 tho. You can always alter your user ID to read something abbreviated etc. Wouldn't want y'all to be confused. I mean, for us to confuse you, see it is already happening, I am stutter-typing. :)
Most here know who each other are, we post or share then remove so we can get the gist of who and where you are. But I prefer to remain anon for the general public by chance they search so I can speak more freely.
Okay I replied before reading, what's new...We have had a few innkeepers here from MI. I follow a few on twitter (maybe even you?) and you guys are rockin' with the tourism ads right now! 3.5 years and you are only just now finding us...well I foresee a back log of pitas stories in your future to share with us. (PS there is a glossary of terms as we have our own inn-speak for the most part here now)
I will have to change my name!
I am not on twitter and yes, we are very happy with our "pure Michigan" campaigns. They have been very benificial to us. I have lots of great PITA stories and look forward to sharing. Thank you for the warm welcome.
so what part of the world are you from ?

sunshine85 said:
welcome.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
sunshine85 said:
I am not on twitter and yes, we are very happy with our "pure Michigan" campaigns. They have been very benificial to us. I have lots of great PITA stories and look forward to sharing. Thank you for the warm welcome.
sunshine85 said:
Joey Bloggs said:
sunshine85 said:
In or from?

sunshine85 said:
welcome.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
sunshine85 said:
sunshine85 said:
Joey Bloggs said:
sunshine85 said:
In or from?
In

sunshine85 said:
welcome.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
sunshine85 said:
sunshine85 said:
Joey Bloggs said:
sunshine85 said:
In or from?
In
sunshine85 said:
here
lrg_sized.HA10072807V_038.jpg

We have hashed this out soooo many times, if the guest does not have the courtesy to tell you ahead of time if there is anything they don't eat/don't like or are allergic to (I ask in the online res OR on the phone res) then we can't be mind readers or guess
Whether you are small or large often doing "different" breakfasts is sometimes not an option, be it for staffing, flow, kitchen size or other
Sometimes however - and if you do have the ability to do a different breakfast, you may just get that "feeling" when they check in that they are NOT "Eggs Benedict" people and they want something SUTHIN (we be talkin eggs ham and grits here peeps) - and again, if you can handle it great, if not .. well there's always a nice fruit plate and muffins ... or here's $10 off and you can go to Waffle House (nicely of course) because sometimes the aggravation may not be worth your sanity and that $10 is a lot less than a prescription .....

sunshine85 said:
welcome.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
sunshine85 said:
sunshine85 said:
Joey Bloggs said:
sunshine85 said:
In or from?
In
sunshine85 said:
here
lrg_sized.HA10072807V_038.jpg

Beautiful!

welcome.gif

Samster said:
welcome.gif
Thank you!!! Lake Michigan is beautiful! We are also very close to Lake Superior they are both worth checking out! What part of the world are you from ?
The Great Lakes are on my bucket list.
I live in the Deep South now....if you are asked here in the South where you are from, it means where were you born.
regular_smile.gif
In that case, Miami but I was not raised there. I've lived on both coasts and in between, but not up North where you are!

We had a guest at our bandb last week. When I told her what the next days breakfast was going to consist of...( scrambled eggs,ham steak, toast,berry parfet etc)..she told me it sounded "yummy"... Next morning...when I present the food to her she informs me that she is a vegetarian and can't eat eggs. Near had a stroke I did!

We had a guest at our bandb last week. When I told her what the next days breakfast was going to consist of...( scrambled eggs,ham steak, toast,berry parfet etc)..she told me it sounded "yummy"... Next morning...when I present the food to her she informs me that she is a vegetarian and can't eat eggs. Near had a stroke I did!
wearygardener said:
Beautiful place WG. I was reading your post and read it "consist of scrambled eggs, ham and steak..." I thought hey cool you serve your guests steak and eggs!
Welcome to the forum (if you are new) if not, hello again from Virginia.
cheers.gif

Mine just told me he would make do and to not worry. Good to go.

wearygardener said:
Beautiful place WG. I was reading your post and read it "consist of scrambled eggs, ham and steak..." I thought hey cool you serve your guests steak and eggs!
Welcome to the forum (if you are new) if not, hello again from Virginia.
cheers.gif

Thank you very much for the welcome and for taking the time to check out our place..
regular_smile.gif

Back