Quantcast

Electronic Newsletters

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

Samster

Reaction score
I am getting more and more of these electronic newsletters from various folks. Anyone using Constant Contact, for example? I just started getting an email from an inn where I've stayed in the past. I guess they just used their previous guest list.

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I use CC. I have an opt out on the guest reg form indicating we may contact them, which only a couple of guests have used. I have had some previous guests hit the 'spam' button on CC when receiving my emails. Too many of those and CC makes you go thru a verification process for each email list you use.
For me, it is just easier to use their templates to send emails.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
And you stayed there, what 4 years ago May? That is a long time to expect to contact a previous guest don't you think? I might not be inclined to do that.

Samster

Reaction score
And you stayed there, what 4 years ago May? That is a long time to expect to contact a previous guest don't you think? I might not be inclined to do that..
I was a repeat after that but it has been awhile...maybe 2 years at least??
I'm getting more of the CC newsletters from local organizations and businesses, too. I like the biz ones because they have info on happenings around here.

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
And you stayed there, what 4 years ago May? That is a long time to expect to contact a previous guest don't you think? I might not be inclined to do that..
What I am finding is that email addys older than 2 years are defunct. So that's where I'v drawn the line.

Samster

Reaction score
What I am finding is that email addys older than 2 years are defunct. So that's where I'v drawn the line.
Local businesses and organizations have apparently culled my email addy from a local SOCIAL NETWORK!! egads...

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Local businesses and organizations have apparently culled my email addy from a local SOCIAL NETWORK!! egads...
Samster said:
Lately, it's all been someone using the Chamber email list...

EmptyNest

Reaction score
We use CC for association newsletters. I think we pay $90 a year which is a good price but don't know what an innkeeper would have to pay. I think it depends on the size of the mailing list.

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We use CC for association newsletters. I think we pay $90 a year which is a good price but don't know what an innkeeper would have to pay. I think it depends on the size of the mailing list..
I think mine works out to $12/month, paid in advance. But, if anyone wants to join, let me know and we can BOTH get a discount!