Elopement Venue

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Those who have been here may have a problem visualizing where in the heck I would do a wedding in my yard. It took me a while to figure it out also, especially when it became apparent the gazebo was not going to happen.
Well the high school kid came over today and we put up the canopy (I need to get used to calling it a canopy). I think my neighbor went away for the weekend but he is going to look at it (he could not "see it" either) and give me a price to decorate it. That is what he does on the side - the decor for weddings, balls, etc. I want it to be easy up/easy down to be packed in tubs when not in use.
My PR guy has me lined up with a popular morning radio program for Monday to promo the Elopement Package. With luck..... I might get as much business as PT got from the idea. Anyway, here is the setting sans decor
lrg_emailcanopy.JPG

I would get rid of all the stuff near the "canopy" that is leaning up against the lattice. You could get some pots or urns of blooming flowers and put them around the periphery of the canopy to dress it up a bit. Hang some lanterns or lights in the tree nearby.

I would get rid of all the stuff near the "canopy" that is leaning up against the lattice. You could get some pots or urns of blooming flowers and put them around the periphery of the canopy to dress it up a bit. Hang some lanterns or lights in the tree nearby..
Yes, that is what I was thinking. Right now it is not appealing at all to someone who might want to do an elopement. You need to dress it up and make it look like a wedding venue not just a canopy on sticks. Sorry :-(

This is just to show what I was talking about as the canopy. I have 50 yards of tulle to use for screening and am getting the guy next door who does "balls" and wedding decor to do the "decor". He could not visualize it either so I got it set it up. I will post another photo when it is decorated.
The "stuff" belongs to my neighbor and it is on his property - one of the reasons for the tulle.

This is just to show what I was talking about as the canopy. I have 50 yards of tulle to use for screening and am getting the guy next door who does "balls" and wedding decor to do the "decor". He could not visualize it either so I got it set it up. I will post another photo when it is decorated.
The "stuff" belongs to my neighbor and it is on his property - one of the reasons for the tulle..
I know this is nothing like what you have, but maybe it will give you some ideas.
DSC_9842.jpg

The "stuff" belongs to my neighbor and it is on his property - one of the reasons for the tulle..
I know this is nothing like what you have, but maybe it will give you some ideas.
DSC_9842.jpg

That would cover my whole yard. I put it where it is to make use of Mile's lattice that he just put up. I planned to hang"swags" of tulle as the backdrop. That is why I am trying to get Mike to do the decor. That is his sideline business - I just need a price from him.
Was on the radio in University town this morning and i think it went well. The guy part of the team thinks it is a stupid idea (the elopements) and turned the freebie give-away into a one-nighter. I did have a lot of hits on the web site today so, who knows. Time will tell.

Back