Elves, fairies and gnomes at the inn.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virginia

Reaction score
Does any one else get this from guests?
Several people who have been to stay here ask us inn-slaves, who it is patently obvious run and do everything, "When do they light the fire?" or "What time do they serve breakfast out on the terrace?" or "Do they have special recipes that come with the inn?"
Who do they think "they" are, the fairies?

No.
I guess I look bedraggled enough for them to know it is me, or husband who is out moving mulch every night after work this week and all weekend in 95+ degree heat.

Nope. I must be like Joey...I look worn out enough to be 'they'.

The guest ask us where we live. I point at a cupboard and tell them that we live in there, hanging down, like bats.

The guest ask us where we live. I point at a cupboard and tell them that we live in there, hanging down, like bats..
Almost all of the guests who ask that question think we live in the house behind the inn. I have to tell them I live in the barn. And then explain New England architecture to them.

The guest ask us where we live. I point at a cupboard and tell them that we live in there, hanging down, like bats..
Almost all of the guests who ask that question think we live in the house behind the inn. I have to tell them I live in the barn. And then explain New England architecture to them.
Alibi Ike said:
"I live in a barn but wasn't raised in one!"

Nope, I never got that either. I was usually here on my own, running around like a chicken with its head cut off, so it was very obvious just who did the vast majority of the work around here. However, the guests did think that I had my husband (who went to work in an office M-F, 9-6) working really hard! What the?

Although...we do have a resident gnome.
med_Gnome_ClaiborneHouse%20bed%20and%20breakfast_Blog.jpg

we had saturday afternoon off to go to the football so my parents were sitting in. A few guests who were in for a few days on check out said "would the old couple who own the place be here to see them off!" drives me mad!!!!

Eric Arthur Blair said:
The guest ask us where we live. I point at a cupboard and tell them that we live in there, hanging down, like bats.
haha! that's funny. I was thinking of using it, but I feel certain I'd just get this "perplexed" blank stare & my humor would be lost on many/most....
We recently had some HM guests tell my huband, "We can't find the Do No Disturb sign so that the STAFF won't bother us in the morning." My hubby said, "Well, my wife checked you in, & now you've met me, so that's the "staff."

Eric Arthur Blair said:
haha! that's funny. I was thinking of using it, but I feel certain I'd just get this "perplexed" blank stare & my humor would be lost on many/most....
We recently had some HM guests tell my huband, "We can't find the Do No Disturb sign so that the STAFF won't bother us in the morning." My hubby said, "Well, my wife checked you in, & now you've met me, so that's the "staff."
From the reviews... we are known for our humour. They sort of expect that kind of answer from us.
On the other hand, we have guests ask us when was plumbing installed in our 125 year old home... like we have been here, since then!

Back