Email list theft

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
Just a head's up that there were several reports in the news today (and I received a couple of emails from particular companies involved) that a large emailer used by a variety of companies was hacked.
Stolen were email addies and names. So your spam may look a whole lot more real, coming from a company you actually do business with on a regular basis.
Basic details:
Hackers got access to more than one million email addresses over the weekend from several companies.
The following companies are believed to be affected:
  • Best Buy
  • TiVo
  • Walgreens
  • L.L. Bean
  • JPMorgan Chase
  • Citibank
  • Capital One
The companies all use the same marketing and communications vendor, Epsilon.
Officials with Epsilon said it appears the hackers got access to email addresses and customer names.
If you start getting suspicious emails, including some asking for confidential information, you should delete them immediately.

I got a notice from Best Buy. I was thrilled (NOT!)

Yes Capital one and Kroger as well. Got those alerts yesterday.

Red Roof Inn, Hilton Honors as well. Seems someone needs to smack this Epsilon company for it's lack of security. I wonder how many contracts it just lost over this.

Red Roof Inn, Hilton Honors as well. Seems someone needs to smack this Epsilon company for it's lack of security. I wonder how many contracts it just lost over this..
pro flowers as well. I seem to be getting one of these alerts per day.
Riki

Back