Email newsletter

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
This is something I send every month. Today's issue got caught in a spam filter and a lot of recipients didn't get their copy (Harborfields, for one). The tech support people were helpful in explaining what happened but not in getting the emails out. Resending to everyone is not an option. Copying the list of blocked addresses and resending is a possibility.
That whole thing is not the point. Because I caught this right after it was sent I had the opportunity to look over the stats as they were happening. With every refresh, there were 3-4 more people opening the email. (This doesn't include people who open the email but have stats blockers turned on.)
I'm filled with happiness. Looking at the list, I see guests from years ago still reading the newsletter. Friends, family and a bunch of youse guys, too! Brings a smile to my face.

thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif

Newsletters have the best reach of all, on all social media. If you can get them signed up you have won 3/4 of the battle, well done Maddie!

Do you use your email to send the newsletter, or something like Constant Contact/MailChimp? Sometimes a personal email will get tagged as a spammer if used to broadcast. I found recruiter (and craigslist) replies often went into my spam folder...

Do you use your email to send the newsletter, or something like Constant Contact/MailChimp? Sometimes a personal email will get tagged as a spammer if used to broadcast. I found recruiter (and craigslist) replies often went into my spam folder....
undersea said:
Do you use your email to send the newsletter, or something like Constant Contact/MailChimp? Sometimes a personal email will get tagged as a spammer if used to broadcast. I found recruiter (and craigslist) replies often went into my spam folder...
Yes, I use a mail service. Unfortunately THEY also get labeled as spammers on occasion and that's what happened with my newsletter. My mail list is too large to use my own email.

Sorry to have missed your newsletter, Maddie!
We send ours out using a mailing list software that we installed on our internet hosting account. We send ours out roughly quarterly. We don't have any tracking of whether it get's opened, but each edition usually does flush a reservation or three out of the bushes. I like to look at the list of subscribers periodically to see both the new and familiar names that have subscribed themselves since the last time I looked at the list...

Back