Email thru SuperInn

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
I just wrote up a whole new email blast for my guests. I only sent it to myself, to see how it would look. It never arrived. I am beyond frustrated with this emailing system thru them. This happens time and again. I get the whole thing written up and sent and no one gets it.
Anyone else?
I'll be calling them tomorrow to see if they can retrieve the email somehow as I didn't make a copy of it and now the whole thing is lost.

Bree said:
I'll be calling them tomorrow to see if they can retrieve the email somehow as I didn't make a copy of it and now the whole thing is lost.
Grrrr.....

Bree,
I did a broadcast to myself. It seems to work..
Landmark said:
Bree,
I did a broadcast to myself. It seems to work.
How? What I did was create an 'interest' and then try to email myself from the broadcast by selecting the newly created interest from the list. I think this is the part that doesn't work. If I just do a random selection, ie- 'all guests from 2008' then it works. (I think.) I'm more annoyed at the effort to write the whole thing up with links, etc, and have it disappear so that I now have to recreate the whole thing.

Bree,
Landmark said:
Bree,
How? What I did was create an 'interest' and then try to email myself from the broadcast by selecting the newly created interest from the list. I think this is the part that doesn't work. If I just do a random selection, ie- 'all guests from 2008' then it works. (I think.) I'm more annoyed at the effort to write the whole thing up with links, etc, and have it disappear so that I now have to recreate the whole thing.
Bree,
I have never used that area, I have only 2 lists one for me to test and another one that includes everybody. Good Luck

Bree,
Landmark said:
Bree,
Bree,
I have never used that area, I have only 2 lists one for me to test and another one that includes everybody. Good Luck
Landmark said:
Bree,
Never mind, I'm an idiot. What I did obviously is not what I thought it was. Two entirely separate entities. Which now means I have no idea how to use the 'Interest' feature. I thought if I added guests to an field of interest, that I could create an email based on that. OK, never mind again...I went in and looked thru the email broadcast options and there was what I was looking for...I had to modify the list, select 'interests' and then pick the correct 'interest' from the list.
Creating a marketing list called 'test' and having my name in a 'test' interest group were not the same thing. My guess is you'll understand what I'm saying, even if no one else does!
So, you send your emails to everyone? Do you ever omit guests? See, I want to create a group for my repeat guests for a new program I'm setting up. Yes, I could email it to everyone, but I don't particularly want to email everyone! I think the list is kinda long and it's going to take forever to add everyone to a new interest group.
Arrrgh!

Bree,
Landmark said:
Bree,
Bree,
Landmark said:
Bree,
Never mind, I'm an idiot. What I did obviously is not what I thought it was. Two entirely separate entities. Which now means I have no idea how to use the 'Interest' feature. I thought if I added guests to an field of interest, that I could create an email based on that. OK, never mind again...I went in and looked thru the email broadcast options and there was what I was looking for...I had to modify the list, select 'interests' and then pick the correct 'interest' from the list.
Creating a marketing list called 'test' and having my name in a 'test' interest group were not the same thing. My guess is you'll understand what I'm saying, even if no one else does!
So, you send your emails to everyone? Do you ever omit guests? See, I want to create a group for my repeat guests for a new program I'm setting up. Yes, I could email it to everyone, but I don't particularly want to email everyone! I think the list is kinda long and it's going to take forever to add everyone to a new interest group.
Arrrgh!
Bree,
Sorry for the late reply, I send out a mass email to everyone 3 to 4 times a year. It is fairly short, letting know a great side trip, an award or new room, just an excuse to remind them that you are here. I rarely get anybody who opts out. Most of the time I get thank you's for the info or we will see ya soon. The last mass email, I added a tracking code on the last. The results sometimes have been great & the phone and emails start just after it was sent. By the way I am still having a lot of problems with SI on returning alot of addresses. What about you?

Bree,
Landmark said:
Bree,
Bree,
Landmark said:
Bree,
Arrrgh!
Bree,
Sorry for the late reply, I send out a mass email to everyone 3 to 4 times a year. It is fairly short, letting know a great side trip, an award or new room, just an excuse to remind them that you are here. I rarely get anybody who opts out. Most of the time I get thank you's for the info or we will see ya soon. The last mass email, I added a tracking code on the last. The results sometimes have been great & the phone and emails start just after it was sent. By the way I am still having a lot of problems with SI on returning alot of addresses. What about you?
Landmark said:
Bree,
Yes, still, on the bounce back for emails...aol, cox.net, comcast. All the players with big spam fitlers. Email sent to joe at myowncompany.com goes thru just fine. At least it doesn't get bounced back.

Bree,
Landmark said:
Bree,
Bree,
Landmark said:
Bree,
Arrrgh!
Bree,
Landmark said:
Bree,
Yes, still, on the bounce back for emails...aol, cox.net, comcast. All the players with big spam fitlers. Email sent to joe at myowncompany.com goes thru just fine. At least it doesn't get bounced back.
Have you mentioned it to si? The other day I visited with si, but they said their side is fine. Where do you think the problem is?

Bree,
Landmark said:
Bree,
Bree,
Landmark said:
Bree,
Arrrgh!
Bree,
Landmark said:
Bree,
Have you mentioned it to si? The other day I visited with si, but they said their side is fine. Where do you think the problem is?
Landmark said:
I'm guessing it is because my domain name has been designated a source of spam. I thought I fixed that by changing my email addy to one at verizon, but perhaps not.

what I do sometimes is write the document in word and copy and paste - that way I don't loose it. Particularly something that I want to use over again.

Bree,
Landmark said:
Bree,
Bree,
Landmark said:
Bree,
Arrrgh!
Bree,
Landmark said:
Bree,
Landmark said:
I'm guessing it is because my domain name has been designated a source of spam. I thought I fixed that by changing my email addy to one at verizon, but perhaps not.
When I get a email returned in si, I resend the confirmation to myself, then after I receive it in outlook I forward it to guests by copy/paste it from si. It is a pain in the b***

Bree,
Landmark said:
Bree,
Bree,
Landmark said:
Bree,
Arrrgh!
Bree,
Landmark said:
Bree,
Landmark said:
When I get a email returned in si, I resend the confirmation to myself, then after I receive it in outlook I forward it to guests by copy/paste it from si. It is a pain in the b***
I always send a copy of SI emails to my domain email account. I manage all my email accounts through Thunderbird.

Back