Empty Pie Crust...how would you fill it?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
Made pie crusts this week and I have one left in the fridge (unbaked). What is your easiest and most delicious recipe to fill it?

for guests or yourself?
I often use extra pie crusts and make them into meat pies, or veggie pies. Sometimes I throw anything I have in the fridge into them and can never duplicate what I did again, but it was good.

For ME, for dessert TONIGHT!.
Here's a easy yummy treat then:)
CHOCOLATE NUT PIE
3 eggs
2/3 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. white Karo
1/3 c. melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. pecans or walnuts
1/2 c. chocolate chips
Mix together. Pour into unbaked pie crust and bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.

Ok, too too funny...that version of Derby Pie is WHY I made the pie crusts this week! I was sending them as gifts and that travels very well so that is what I made, but it's a bit heavy/sweet for me right now in this heat.
I think I'm leaning towards cherry crumb for tonight. Maybe apple.

Ok, too too funny...that version of Derby Pie is WHY I made the pie crusts this week! I was sending them as gifts and that travels very well so that is what I made, but it's a bit heavy/sweet for me right now in this heat.
I think I'm leaning towards cherry crumb for tonight. Maybe apple..
Oh yeah ...coincidental :) I might opt for something lighter than a fruit pie..maybe a freezer pie
Frozen Chocolate Pie
1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese,softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup baking cocoa

1/3 cup milk
1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whippedtopping, thawed
1 (9 inch) baked pie shell
Chocolate curls or chips (optional)
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add cocoa alternately with milk; mix well. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into pie shell. Freeze for 8 hours or overnight. If desired, garnish with chocolate curls or chips. Serve directly from the freezer (pie does not need to be thawed to cut).

Oh yeah ...coincidental :) I might opt for something lighter than a fruit pie..maybe a freezer pie
Frozen Chocolate Pie
1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese,softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup baking cocoa

1/3 cup milk
1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whippedtopping, thawed
1 (9 inch) baked pie shell
Chocolate curls or chips (optional)
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add cocoa alternately with milk; mix well. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into pie shell. Freeze for 8 hours or overnight. If desired, garnish with chocolate curls or chips. Serve directly from the freezer (pie does not need to be thawed to cut).
This sounds yummy!!! Thanks for sharing.

They call Cat Lady's chocolate & pecan pie recipe Chocolate Chess Pie here. I had always known it as Derby Pie too.
It's so dang hot that I'd go with a pudding filled pie or something COLD!

Philadelphia brand cheesecake filling. After spreading in crust, put in freezer for about an hour to set slightly (makes it easier to cut). Garnish with fresh strawberries or pecans and caramel. This is one of our most popular desserts. Makes for a very light and mousse-like cheesecake. Guests rave about it!

I opted for easy and seasonal with a Blueberry Crumb Pie. It just came out of the oven and looks beautiful, if it tastes any good it will be a winner because it was definitely the easiest pie I've ever made!
thumb_bberry%20pie.jpg

• (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 5 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
  • 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 6 tablespoons butter

Directions[/h3]
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. Press the pie crust into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate. In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and flour. Mix in the lemon zest and lemon juice. Gently stir in the blueberries. Pour into the pie crust.
  3. In a medium bowl, stir together the brown sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon. Mix in butter using a fork until crumbly. Spread the crumb topping evenly over the pie filling.
  4. Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until browned on top. Cool over a wire rack.

"Someone bake me a pie as fast as you can!" :)
Come Sept/Oct we shall be high in apples round here...All those one nighters we get during peak leaf peeping will have apples and more apples! S/B a good crop this year!

Back