End of an era

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
Quite a loss to technology: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/06/business/steve-jobs-of-apple-dies-at-56.html

A history changer to be sure, the impact of Steve Jobs is phenomenal and yet the 50th anniv couple upstairs sleeping now have no idea who he is, nor really anything he has done.
With so much information out there, we have one person, a major inventor who affected the course of the world, and many do not know him. (vs a past politician, inventor or celebrity that they would know)

They had never heard of Apple? Seems hard to believe. The man literally changed the way people look at really major things. Gui interface, ipod, iphone and now ipad. Pretty major changes to pretty everyday items at the time.

Yep..the Edison of our times. Expected but still so sad to lose a brilliant person :-(

Yep..the Edison of our times. Expected but still so sad to lose a brilliant person :-(.
catlady said:
Yep..the Edison of our times.
Not sure if I agree with that. Edison's inventions affected EVERYONE. All over the world. Everywhere.
Same with Alexander Graham Bell. Same with Henry Ford.
I don't own an Apple product. I know plenty of people who don't. But, I would agree that he was a visionary. In his field. And he pushed others within the same field to be better and go farther with their own products. But, I would draw the line that he changed the lives of everyone, everywhere, though, with his product line. Just my 2 cents.
Sad that he died, but everyone does.

Yep..the Edison of our times. Expected but still so sad to lose a brilliant person :-(.
catlady said:
Not sure if I agree with that. Edison's inventions affected EVERYONE. All over the world. Everywhere.
I don't own an Apple product. I know plenty of people who don't. But, I would agree that he was a visionary. In his field. And he pushed others within the same field to be better and go farther with their own products. But, I would draw the line that he changed the lives of everyone, everywhere, though, with his product line. Just my 2 cents.
Penelope said:
catlady said:
You are one who doesn't realize the impact of what this man did then.
He had an influence in the creation of THE PC. Look at that through a world view, military, etc.

catlady said:
Penelope said:
catlady said:
Do you own a personal computing device of any kind? Jobs is credited with making the computer personal. You don't have to own an Apple product to own a knock off of an Apple product or realize that company forced other HUGE companies to get personal about their products.

catlady said:
Penelope said:
catlady said:
He had an influence in the creation of THE PC. Look at that through a world view, military, etc.
Joey Bloggs said:
Penelope said:
catlady said:
I guess I don't then. Maybe I am thinking too narrowly... or it's just a bad day and I'll see more clearly tomorrow :)

catlady said:
Penelope said:
catlady said:
Do you own a personal computing device of any kind? Jobs is credited with making the computer personal. You don't have to own an Apple product to own a knock off of an Apple product or realize that company forced other HUGE companies to get personal about their products.
Today is a not-so-very-good-day for me...I will see a little more clearly tomorrow. My viewpoint is skewed and will right itself tomorrow
wink_smile.gif

catlady said:
Penelope said:
catlady said:
Today is a not-so-very-good-day for me...I will see a little more clearly tomorrow. My viewpoint is skewed and will right itself tomorrow
wink_smile.gif

Penelope said:
wink_smile.gif
heart.gif
no worries kimosabe. We love ya! Just wanted to clarify. You should see me, novacaine face, as I said to DH "This is JB on botox!" who knew, my nose, my lips totally numb, and people pay to do this to themselves! Mine was just a replacement filling.

catlady said:
Penelope said:
catlady said:
wink_smile.gif

Penelope said:
wink_smile.gif
heart.gif
no worries kimosabe. We love ya! Just wanted to clarify. You should see me, novacaine face, as I said to DH "This is JB on botox!" who knew, my nose, my lips totally numb, and people pay to do this to themselves! Mine was just a replacement filling.
Joey Bloggs said:
Penelope said:
wink_smile.gif
You should see me, novacaine face,
sad_smile.gif

I hate that feeling... no pun intended. But that "I can't feel half of my face" feeling gives me the willies...

Back