energy boost ideas

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
maybe it's my age ... (shudder to think)
but i am feeling wiped out lately.
the self-employed's lament: you need the business but too much business knocks you out. you can't afford to pay for a lot of help because then you would need more business than you can handle without hiring more help ... or something like that!
wink_smile.gif

yesterday i was so tired i just started shaking ... mid-day
i could have fallen asleep where i stood and just feel so fatigued. i ended up locking the doors (yes, guests were here and i locked them OUT of the building and out of my little area at the back ... i told them to bring their keys ... and i ignored anyone who came to my personal door) just so i could like down for an hour.
i've started taking a spoonful of molasses in the morning which i used to take ... that seemed to help. i got out of the habit.
caffeine i think is a bad idea and doesn't seem to help. someone gave me an 'energy drink' that was loaded with sugar and sodium so i didn't drink it.
berries, yougurt, fish i think all help if you get them into your diet.
do you find that certain things help? or really do NOT? i forced myself to do some exercising which is a riot because i am tired and sore and don't feel like pushing my body and it feels like the last thing i want to do .... but i think it will kick up my energy level if i can just do it.
~m*

Amazingly enough, exercise does help. And I don't mean cleaning rooms! I feel better after a walk around town, no matter how tired I am.
Food-wise, I try to avoid sugar (no go when I make choco chip cookies!) and anything 'heavy'. I find I work better (ie-cleaning) when I have a light breakfast with some protein. The more I eat, the slower I go.

HYDRATE to the max. Doesn't boost my energy as such but helps me from falling apart and get foggy.
Like Bree said avoiding the sugar highs and lows. Too easy to grab a snack instead of a meal. Lastly, my biggest fault - not eating breakfast because I have to get the guests meal started. When I skip it or get it too late I have headaches and the rest of me is lethargic.

HYDRATE to the max. Doesn't boost my energy as such but helps me from falling apart and get foggy.
Like Bree said avoiding the sugar highs and lows. Too easy to grab a snack instead of a meal. Lastly, my biggest fault - not eating breakfast because I have to get the guests meal started. When I skip it or get it too late I have headaches and the rest of me is lethargic..
First thing in the morning I can only get an OJ down. After brekkie (the guests' brekkie) then I can eat. I have a chocolate milk and a handful of nuts. Then I'm good to go until lunchtime.

Like Bree said avoiding the sugar highs and lows. Too easy to grab a snack instead of a meal. Lastly, my biggest fault - not eating breakfast because I have to get the guests meal started. When I skip it or get it too late I have headaches and the rest of me is lethargic..
First thing in the morning I can only get an OJ down. After brekkie (the guests' brekkie) then I can eat. I have a chocolate milk and a handful of nuts. Then I'm good to go until lunchtime.
how about chocolate cake??? no, too much sugar

seashanty said:
I drink the milk for calcium (no matter how many times the dr says the steroids I take are not the 'bad' ones, I don't believe it.) The chocolate is to make it palatable!
tounge_smile.gif
I lived on chocolate cake when I was pregnant.
teeth_smile.gif
And my son hates sweets, loves veggies and is thin as a rail. So much for all that baloney about what you eat when you're pregnant condemning your kid to life of obesity...

My doc said that being hypoglycemic can do that to you. He said to eat 6 small meals a day to keep the blood sugar level in the moderate range. Good luck!!

I am dead on my tush from - gasp!! - so many guests! Who woulda thunk it. Had a 3-night cancel and I was not even motivated to say darn!
No matter how late I am up, if it works for our schedules, I am up at 5am to walk on the trail with my friend. That is an attempt to walk off the lard butt and to get ourbitchin out of our systems. We take turns with the latter but she is lagging WAY behind! An early guest breakfast, rain, or her having an early meeting (she is City Manager) are the things that get in the way.
I get my coffee cup of OJ and check e-mails while I wait for her to come (the trail is spitting distance from my house) and sometimes she has already been in the office working on something before our walk. It is the only time we both have and we know it is worth it to our sanity.
It started when she called me one day and said, "I saw my butt in the mirror and decised I have to do something about it and you are the only person I know who will bitch me out if I try to quit." She endured a lot of walks that started with, "you know I would not do this for just anyone." When circumstances forced us to quit for a while, we both missed it terribly.

Two things that seem to work for me: 1) Eating breakfast every single day with some kind of protein and 2) remembering to drink plenty of fluids during the day, especially if I'm cleaning a lot of rooms or working in the yard. I also feel worse if I skip lunch. Eating healthier seems to be working, too :)

No, just dark chocolate:)

I'm really, really, really tired, too.
Given my druthers I'm an 8-1/2 hour a night person. Most nights for the past week I've gotten six, if I was lucky. Am up too late now, since the clock is set for 5:15. I've told dh that tomorrow I must nap, no way around it. At one point today I was checking my email and popped on the forum... I was too tired to read the forum. Now that's tired! And a 20 year old beat me at Speed Scrabble. Argh!
Monday I have no breakfasts to make (I think).... if the ds4x2 will cooperate I'll sleep til 8!
=)
Kk.

Back