Enjoying the Holidays!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samster

Reaction score
We are officially closed after tomorrow's check-out until January 10th. We have extended a guest one more day who is flying out on Christmas Eve and then we're taking a short break. Yippee! I haven't even had much time to do limited gift shopping. So, I am dashing out today for a few hours after assisting a guest.
Time to enjoy family, the holiday decorations, time together and of course catch up on maintenance, etc. sigh.....
Is anyone else taking a break from guests?

Almost all of Jan. I have my reservation calendar set to 30 day view and that big red blob is getting closer and closer!

Open all year but will close Jan.10 - 13 for the Mid-Atlantic Innkeepers Conf. I will enjoy Xmas with one of my four daughters her husband and grand kids.They moved here 1 1/2 yrs ago for many reason.Good place to raise children, Grams here and they will probably take over the B&B when I can't do it. I'll cook Portuguese Alcatra for the Christmas dinner (my contribution) but will work as usual full time at the College (Sun/Mon off) I do the 8-4 day shift at Campus Police.Been here 10 yrs ,so working holidays is almost normal.When will I retire ? in a few years, I guess? Got 96.1 on the radio, its Xmas music all day. I never tire of Christmas music its just sooo upbeat....got to go ..Mary in Bridgewater

Almost all of Jan. I have my reservation calendar set to 30 day view and that big red blob is getting closer and closer!.
Big red blob? We have maybe 4 days between now and Feb.
remnjava said:
My availability calendar marks the 'rooms unavailable' in red. So, looking at the calendar (from my side) it's the big red blob.

Almost all of Jan. I have my reservation calendar set to 30 day view and that big red blob is getting closer and closer!.
remnjava said:
My availability calendar marks the 'rooms unavailable' in red. So, looking at the calendar (from my side) it's the big red blob.
That sounds like ,"A good thing, Martha!"
C

remnjava said:
C
remnjava said:
C
Definitely!

Finally relaxing after cooking all day on Christmas! Today is MY day off! Yippee! (Well, after I put all the pots and pans and dishes away from yesterday.)
My dh just couldn't resist going out to see what was on sale the day after Christmas. lol! Not me....I am relaxing and enjoying our son's company. It's nice to just chill once in awhile....

Back