Enough with the slap n tickle already!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Farmers Daughter

Reaction score
There is no real point to this post except for me to vent my annoyance.
I am the lucky recipent of newlyweds for the weekend. They are in the suite immediately over my apartment.
This has cemented in my mind that hardwood floors without rugs are never a good idea. The sound just reveberates through the floorboards. All night long .... squeaking bed, squealing, moaning, giggling, running around.
In and out of the jacuzzi for hours on end. Can't wait to see the water bill. . . . groan
Hardly slept a wink....off to buy earplugs.

We bought a big thick wool rug for underneath the bed in the room above our heads. Either it has helped a lot or my hearing is getting worse - it seems like that doesn't bother me very often any more.

Or as I say - RAISE THE RATES ON THAT ROOM. (Let them pick another)

Too funny :) thank God our suite is on the other side of house and on the ground floor. We where lucky enough to have a guest house to send the newlyweds to and it was wonderful when they where the only guests.

Really, I shouldn't complain. I am lucky to have guests at all. . . . having survived my worst year in my 12 year history.
Here is a perfect spring weekend and I only had 3 rooms. 5 years ago, I could have sold tents with cots out on the grounds.
*sigh* those days are gone...
cry_smile.gif

Our new suite is directly over our bedroom. About the only noises we hear is thump thump thump, when someone walks on our ceramic tile floors.
The original room is a little different. Unfortunately, when someone really gets into it, I can hear it through the front room and into the kitchen! I make myself go downstairs and perhaps get on the computer until it is over.
C

Back