Establishing Set-up

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatesCottage161

Reaction score
Hi there! I am in the process of converting my circa 1840s home to a B&B. I have two guest rooms to rent and can lodge up to five guests. I have a queen bed in the smaller guest room and am wondering what would be best for the larger (master) guest room. Currently there is a king bed there, but I am considering replacing it with two twins (which would also allow room for a rollaway). I live in a small village with plenty of attractions for nature lovers and antique shopping so I am planning on targeting mostly couples and 'gals weekenders". Do any of you have any advice about king beds vs two twins?

We have two rooms that are the most popular - the one with the king bed and the one with two separate beds. So I guess I'm not much help.
If the two twins can be joined to be a king, you get more versatility out of that.
And welcome!

KatesCottage161 said:
I am planning on targeting mostly couples and 'gals weekenders". Do any of you have any advice about king beds vs two twins?
Seems to be a diabolical problem there.
As for me, there is no place for a twin bed in a B&B. Give it two queens (for couples or girlfriend getaways) or a king. That is what I would do, if there is no room for two, then make it a king. :) Welcome to the forum!

KatesCottage161 said:
I am planning on targeting mostly couples and 'gals weekenders". Do any of you have any advice about king beds vs two twins?
Seems to be a diabolical problem there.
As for me, there is no place for a twin bed in a B&B. Give it two queens (for couples or girlfriend getaways) or a king. That is what I would do, if there is no room for two, then make it a king. :) Welcome to the forum!.
another way to go (you say no room for king + twin) is what we have in one room. A queen size bed and a day bed. very cozy for a couple and easy for friends traveling together or for the kids with parents down the hall.

Thank you, everyone. Your input is most helpful. I'm glad to be a part of your community. I was hesitant to go with the two twins and will see if I can somehow manage to keep a queen and another bed in the same room. Makes much more sense. Glad I asked before I bought mattresses and box springs.

Back