Ever have one of those morning?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2cat_lady

Reaction score
This was a great morning!
I hate conventional breakfasts--bacon, eggs, toast, coffee. Don't get me wrong. Love this but you can get that anywhere around here. I try to be different and stand out but sometimes, unfinished plates make you question your choices. This morning, strawberry bread, fresh fruit platter followed by blueberry bread pudding, cheeses scrambled eggs and local beef breakfast sausage was a hit. Every last bit of it eaten. And only a week ago, this same combo had mega leftovers! I guess some mornings you just have hungrier guests!
Hope you're all having a great start to your day. First morning in almost three months there are NO checkouts! Just what to do with myself.....

Cannot predict. Some mornings it's all about the fruit and yogurt, and some mornings it's all coffee cake and bacon.

Congrats on your strange morning, albeit an awesome one!
I have had the same thing, demographics make a huge difference in diet. Whereas a 22 year old is said to pick at their plate at other B&B's, maybe we get the starving college students as ours always gobble it all up.
The worst was a wholehouse who came here after evacuating the coast from a hurricane, and none of them ate, not sure if one was the leader of the pack and whatever that one did they all did, but two mornings, I brought plates back full. Same food the day before full house enjoyed every drop. It is what it is. "Portions too big" then "Portions too small" you can't please them all, and it all evens out in the wash. :) Hope the rest of your week is equally pleasing.

Cannot predict. Some mornings it's all about the fruit and yogurt, and some mornings it's all coffee cake and bacon..
TheBeachHouse said:
Cannot predict. Some mornings it's all about the fruit and yogurt, and some mornings it's all coffee cake and bacon.
"It's always about bacon" tshirt idea.

Cannot predict. Some mornings it's all about the fruit and yogurt, and some mornings it's all coffee cake and bacon..
TheBeachHouse said:
"It's always about bacon" tshirt idea.
We once hosted a bar mitzvah. They specifically requested lots of bacon. Ok, you're the guest!

I have had the same thing, demographics make a huge difference in diet. Whereas a 22 year old is said to pick at their plate at other B&B's, maybe we get the starving college students as ours always gobble it all up.
The worst was a wholehouse who came here after evacuating the coast from a hurricane, and none of them ate, not sure if one was the leader of the pack and whatever that one did they all did, but two mornings, I brought plates back full. Same food the day before full house enjoyed every drop. It is what it is. "Portions too big" then "Portions too small" you can't please them all, and it all evens out in the wash. :) Hope the rest of your week is equally pleasing..
I mistakenly asked a university age student what their favourite breakfast was only to get the answer "Toaster Strudel".
A little part of me died on that day.
2014-05-29-cheesecake-bars-2-680x324.jpg

The worst was a wholehouse who came here after evacuating the coast from a hurricane, and none of them ate, not sure if one was the leader of the pack and whatever that one did they all did, but two mornings, I brought plates back full. Same food the day before full house enjoyed every drop. It is what it is. "Portions too big" then "Portions too small" you can't please them all, and it all evens out in the wash. :) Hope the rest of your week is equally pleasing..
I mistakenly asked a university age student what their favourite breakfast was only to get the answer "Toaster Strudel".

Generic said:
You would be so fun to live with. No, I am not jesting, I mean it. :)

Generic said:
Tell Specific (aka Voldemort) that....
(Now, where is my Pop Tart?)

Generic said:
You DO have one Pop Tart left, in the cupboard on the 2nd shelf on the left end side (I have to be very specific, as Generic has a tendency to never see anything he is looking for!!!)
Have a great breakfast !

Generic said:
You DO have one Pop Tart left, in the cupboard on the 2nd shelf on the left end side (I have to be very specific, as Generic has a tendency to never see anything he is looking for!!!)
Have a great breakfast !
NSFW...
pqnXV9o.gif

Generic said:
Have a great breakfast !
This is almost like being in your kitchen with you. Except I do a lousy French accent in my head.

Generic said:
Have a great breakfast !
Generic! You let pop tarts take up space in your tiny kitchen where you make macarons?!?!?!? Isn't that like horrifying to your self-esteem as a gourmet chef and cook?
wink_smile.gif

Generic said:
I don't know about the living with Generic part but when I was stuck and bored with a hurt foot, Generic kept me entertained with emails which helped the time to past and kept my mood up beat more. One time I was emailing two innmates and texting a third one! Thanks for helping a bored innmate who can't work from going crazy with all the things that need to be done!
regular_smile.gif

Generic said:
Have a great breakfast !
Generic! You let pop tarts take up space in your tiny kitchen where you make macarons?!?!?!? Isn't that like horrifying to your self-esteem as a gourmet chef and cook?
wink_smile.gif

Pop Tarts are comfort food... my mom... horrible cook. Breakfast was usually Frosted Flakes or Pop Tarts. So every few months, I buy a box... and almost always the same flavour, blueberry frosted. I think I have some cereal maybe twice a year.

Generic said:
Have a great breakfast !
wink_smile.gif

Pop Tarts are comfort food... my mom... horrible cook. Breakfast was usually Frosted Flakes or Pop Tarts. So every few months, I buy a box... and almost always the same flavour, blueberry frosted. I think I have some cereal maybe twice a year.
Generic said:
I'll have to ask my son what comfort food he eats to remind him of my horrible cooking.

Generic said:
Have a great breakfast !
wink_smile.gif

Now is it the brand Pop Tarts or are you using it as a generic name for them all?

Generic said:
Have a great breakfast !
wink_smile.gif

Generic said:
I'll have to ask my son what comfort food he eats to remind him of my horrible cooking.
My mom is a good cook. My favorite is beef stew, made her way. But my dad used to be a prep cook, chef, etc. (Martha Vineyard, etc) The rest of us are half done eating before he has finished arranging his plate of food. It sure looks good but I would have died of starvation as a child if he was fixing my food.

Generic said:
Have a great breakfast !
wink_smile.gif

Now is it the brand Pop Tarts or are you using it as a generic name for them all?
No brand name.
Let's see, my mom's favourite chicken dish involved a packet of onion soup mix and a can of mushrooms, need I say more?

Generic said:
Have a great breakfast !
wink_smile.gif

No brand name.
Let's see, my mom's favourite chicken dish involved a packet of onion soup mix and a can of mushrooms, need I say more?
Generic said:
No brand name.
What, no crushed up potato chips in it? You definitely ate gourmet.
wink_smile.gif

Back