Ever regret NOT buying something? Retro Aprons & Regrets

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You find the fabric and pattern and I'll make it for you.
But, to answer the question...yes, I still regret not buying a tweed (yes, tweed) skirt in 1977.

But, to answer the question...yes, I still regret not buying a tweed (yes, tweed) skirt in 1977..
Morticia said:
But, to answer the question...yes, I still regret not buying a tweed (yes, tweed) skirt in 1977.
Are you kidding? If I did that, I would make it. :) LOL Pattern? For that?
Tweed skirt, sounds hip in 1977. You would need to go back to 1977 to find this material as well.

But, to answer the question...yes, I still regret not buying a tweed (yes, tweed) skirt in 1977..
Morticia said:
Are you kidding? If I did that, I would make it. :) LOL Pattern? For that?
Tweed skirt, sounds hip in 1977. You would need to go back to 1977 to find this material as well.
The hardest part is finding the fabric...
I'd use a pattern just to get the shape right given you're looking at using a pleated fabric. I just figured you didn't want to sew it.

Things seem to come in clusters with this group. A few days ago it was The Shining. Now, aprons. This article ran in the Denver Post last weekend, and it even mentions Stepford. Where have I heard that recently? ;)

My daughters and I wear retro 50s style cotton aprons that we found on ebay whenever we serve large afternoon teas. I've taken to wearing them now while preparing breakfast. Saves many a top. Check out aprons on ebay. When we bought last year there was quite a variety in every size and style.

But, back to the topic. I find I've had way more regrets when buying than when choosing not to buy!

Hey, another coinky dink...in the restaurant I went to tonight all the servers were wearing 50's style aprons! They got them at vintage clothing stores.

Back