Every now and again guests can be challenging

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I had mine this week. Gave 2 rooms free to the Police Department for K9 trainers. Gave them the 2 that share a bathroom. Arrival day, Chief calls to tell me one is bringing his son, but they will share a room. OK, no problem. Then he calls a few hours later to say they were delayed and would be arriving late/. OK. They arrive around midnight and when they see the 3rd room (almost guest ready for my Friday arrival so I will not be pushed Thursday), the kid (young man really) pops into it - they DO offer to pay for the room, but I tell them I cannot charge them for that since the other rooms are free to the City. At Midnight I just want to know what time is breakfast so I can go to bed! The really were nice people - breakfast was at 7 so I am up at 5 AM.

IF they come again, the Chief will be requested to take them to the motel just south of town. I cannot afford them. They never met a light switch they did not like - in the ON position - EVERY DAMNED LIGHT and the TVs on all day with the doors shut just enough to not know id one of them is in-house. And AC blasting of course. Rant over - until I see my next electric bill!!! Thank goodness this is rare.

...and when they see the 3rd room...the kid (young man really) pops into it...

Another example of why empty rooms should, in my opinion, be kept locked to keep people from going in and messing them up, sometimes without you even knowing they went in. I'll never forget the story of new guests arriving and discovering someone, at some point, had used their room's toilet and not flushed!

Another example of why empty rooms should, in my opinion, be kept locked to keep people from going in and messing them up, sometimes without you even knowing they went in. I'll never forget the story of new guests arriving and discovering someone, at some point, had used their room's toilet and not flushed!
We had one interesting one a long time ago. Wedding guests. They all knew each other: one couple and his brother, plus the date. Apparently the date was never informed of the sleeping arrangements. She went looking for an unlocked room and camped out in it.

She smoked in the room, covered the sheets in makeup, then made the bed and pretended nothing happened. We noticed the bed was a little sloppy, found the makeup everywhere, saw the cigaret butts on the roof outside the window.

When she later called for her phone charger I asked her to remind me which room she was in. Never heard from her again.

We’ve had that unflushed toilet thing a few times. Ugh. Everything is closed up now, and yet I swear I heard someone last night trying the doors.

Yes, sad but true. But how do you fix a ruined screen for $5? Assuming you can repair and not replace.
I did all the other screens myself and have the supplies so next project day without guests that’s on the list. Luckily I’m handy but it’s still a 2 hour ‘Pita’. They were pleasant enough but the annoying shirt he proudly wore was not my politics (I avoid politics w/guests) which kinda rubs it in a little 👏..

Back