Every Other Weekend...Indefinitely

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you kidding? If he likes it, do what you can. I particularly like the stuff from Resource Furniture, something like their bunk beds that sit against the wall.
But ensure he tries it and is happy about it, first..
Sugar Bear said:
I particularly like the stuff from Resource Furniture, something like their bunk beds that sit against the wall.
Got a quote back from them today on a "Lollisoft" unit which is the latest version of the Lollipop bunk bed.
Without the optional desk or headboard, prices are
$5,800 in White Laminate
$5,050 in light or dark oak Laminate
$6,935 in choice of 25 lacquer colors
Plus $500 to $950 for twin mattresses, depending on the type selected.
Plus $950 shipping.

Are you kidding? If he likes it, do what you can. I particularly like the stuff from Resource Furniture, something like their bunk beds that sit against the wall.
Sugar Bear said:
I particularly like the stuff from Resource Furniture, something like their bunk beds that sit against the wall.
Got a quote back from them today on a "Lollisoft" unit which is the latest version of the Lollipop bunk bed.
$5,800 in White Laminate
Plus $950 shipping.
I know they aren't cheap. But they are impressive and convenient and extremely well made. If you can make it back, it's great. If you can't, then you have to look for other choices.
Take a look at companies like wallbed and you will see how impressive this is compared to some of the cheap stuff out there. Costco sells them as well, but again not as useful or impressive, from $1K for a full.

Sugar Bear said:
$5,800 in White Laminate
Plus $950 shipping.
HOLEY MOLEY!!!! I am sure you can find something similar elsewhere for WAY less. daybeds.com gives free shipping and a free mattress. A trundle from them is about $700!

Sugar Bear said:
$5,800 in White Laminate
Plus $950 shipping.
HOLEY MOLEY!!!! I am sure you can find something similar elsewhere for WAY less. daybeds.com gives free shipping and a free mattress. A trundle from them is about $700!
EmptyNest said:
Arkie- any chance you are near any Amish communities with furniture craftsman? Where I live there are Amish furniture builders and a lot of our furniture in the inn is made by them and was quite the way to sell :) Our Amish craftsmen start the process with locally cut logs, sawed at the mmills around this area, kilned here, and created here. Bi-i-i-i-i-i-g selling points. I can't tell you how many guests would go to their showroom, buy something, and come BACK to the inn when it was time to pick it up. If you can create it, I bet they can build it

We have Amish here, but they are farmers and butchers and shopkeepers. Wish we had a furniture maker, but alas no such luck.

This guest's/family's first visit was tonight. If you've followed the saga, it's a divorced father who gets visitation with his teenaged sons every other week, and he wants to rent my most expensive room for them, every other weekend, for two weekend nights (highest rate), for YEARS!
When they didn't arrive by dark I drove down to my guesthouse and turned on the porch light so they could see to enter their keypad code.
I waited all night, and finally at 11:21 p.m. (23:21) he entered his code and entered the apartment (the high tech doorknob sends me a message when the guest enters their code). It’s homecoming at the local high school tonight so I’m guessing his teenagers had the ballgame and maybe a dance to go to. If they like the place, great. If they don’t, I defy them to find a better place in this county!
thumbs_up.gif

Kind of funny. The dad and sons were at my place again this weekend. They always leave the place as clean as can be, and did again this time, but I noticed that one of my white towels is now evenly blueish white, and I could tell the washer/dryer had been used. I'm pretty sure one of them got a new pair of blue jeans or something and washed them with the white towel. Just like three guys to not know about separating whites and colors in the washer!
I washed it with bleach and it's better, but I doubt it will ever be bright white again. No big deal. Excellent repeating guests can get away with a lot and I'll still be happy!

Kind of funny. The dad and sons were at my place again this weekend. They always leave the place as clean as can be, and did again this time, but I noticed that one of my white towels is now evenly blueish white, and I could tell the washer/dryer had been used. I'm pretty sure one of them got a new pair of blue jeans or something and washed them with the white towel. Just like three guys to not know about separating whites and colors in the washer!
I washed it with bleach and it's better, but I doubt it will ever be bright white again. No big deal. Excellent repeating guests can get away with a lot and I'll still be happy!.
Actually, blue keeps whites from going yellow. So over time it will get bright again and the colour running on to other towels with brighten them. It's the same as using bluing.

I hope so. I would be content to just have everything look the same!

Back