Quantcast

Ex-medical consultant, wife convicted in tax case

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

JBloggs

Reaction score
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Ex-medical consultant, wife convicted in tax case[/FONT]
Las Vegas Review - Journal
He said they now live 900 miles apart, managing independent bed-and-breakfast facilities while they go through Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings. ...

Excerpt:
From 2001 through 2005, according to evidence presented at trial, the Awands spent about $2.9 million on renovations of three homes, $1 million on antiques, $696,000 on real property, $215,000 on automobile purchases, $213,000 on art and furnishings, $87,000 on a birthday party for Howard Awand, and $60,000 on wine. They paid about $642,000 during that time toward their taxes.
Braun said the Awands’ medical consulting business collapsed in 2005. He said they now live 900 miles apart, managing independent bed-and-breakfast facilities while they go through Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings. One of the inns is located in Vermont and the other is located in Indiana.

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
But they don't mention which ones.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I thought you might do a little deciphering on that? Must be larger properties.

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I thought you might do a little deciphering on that? Must be larger properties..
Joey Bloggs said:
I figured larger places but, again, what the article is calling a B&B is probably NOT.

Innkeep

Reaction score
I thought you might do a little deciphering on that? Must be larger properties..
Joey Bloggs said:
I figured larger places but, again, what the article is calling a B&B is probably NOT.
I was able to figure out the B&B in Indiana. Here
It is in a town right on the Ohio River, and I know of at least one other B&B there. Only 5 rooms.
Zoning permit in Stowe VT last spring for conversion of a house to a 5 room B&B. I think it's probably this one

Reaction score
Joey Bloggs said:
It is in a town right on the Ohio River, and I know of at least one other B&B there. Only 5 rooms.
Zoning permit in Stowe VT last spring for conversion of a house to a 5 room B&B. I think it's probably this one
Indiana B&B- look at Anna's room, do the operate or just do exams ? Meeow.....Mary in Bridgewater

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joey Bloggs said:
Indiana B&B- look at Anna's room, do the operate or just do exams ? Meeow.....Mary in Bridgewater
I agree with your assessment of that room!

seashanty

Staff member
Reaction score
$215,000 on automobile purchases, wow! what kind of cars and how many??
$87,000 on a birthday party for Howard Awand ditto the wow! unbelievable.

they should have thrown a few hundred (crumbs, really) at the b&b websites, in my opinion.

MTLLodge

Reaction score
Joey Bloggs said:
Mary at Bridgewater Inn and Cottage said:
Too funny!