Ex-medical consultant, wife convicted in tax case

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Ex-medical consultant, wife convicted in tax case[/FONT]
Las Vegas Review - Journal
He said they now live 900 miles apart, managing independent bed-and-breakfast facilities while they go through Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings. ...

Excerpt:
From 2001 through 2005, according to evidence presented at trial, the Awands spent about $2.9 million on renovations of three homes, $1 million on antiques, $696,000 on real property, $215,000 on automobile purchases, $213,000 on art and furnishings, $87,000 on a birthday party for Howard Awand, and $60,000 on wine. They paid about $642,000 during that time toward their taxes.
Braun said the Awands’ medical consulting business collapsed in 2005. He said they now live 900 miles apart, managing independent bed-and-breakfast facilities while they go through Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings. One of the inns is located in Vermont and the other is located in Indiana.

I thought you might do a little deciphering on that? Must be larger properties.

I thought you might do a little deciphering on that? Must be larger properties..
Joey Bloggs said:
I figured larger places but, again, what the article is calling a B&B is probably NOT.

I thought you might do a little deciphering on that? Must be larger properties..
Joey Bloggs said:
I figured larger places but, again, what the article is calling a B&B is probably NOT.
I was able to figure out the B&B in Indiana. Here
It is in a town right on the Ohio River, and I know of at least one other B&B there. Only 5 rooms.
Zoning permit in Stowe VT last spring for conversion of a house to a 5 room B&B. I think it's probably this one

Joey Bloggs said:
It is in a town right on the Ohio River, and I know of at least one other B&B there. Only 5 rooms.
Zoning permit in Stowe VT last spring for conversion of a house to a 5 room B&B. I think it's probably this one
Indiana B&B- look at Anna's room, do the operate or just do exams ? Meeow.....Mary in Bridgewater

Joey Bloggs said:
Indiana B&B- look at Anna's room, do the operate or just do exams ? Meeow.....Mary in Bridgewater
I agree with your assessment of that room!

$215,000 on automobile purchases, wow! what kind of cars and how many??
$87,000 on a birthday party for Howard Awand ditto the wow! unbelievable.

they should have thrown a few hundred (crumbs, really) at the b&b websites, in my opinion.

Joey Bloggs said:
Mary at Bridgewater Inn and Cottage said:
Too funny!
wow.gif

Back