Excerpt from an article in the New Yorker Magazine

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
This is a BIG VENT. Atul Gawande wrote an article in The New Yorker Magazine about chain restaurants and medical facilities called Big Med, praising the way chain restaurants provide good food and service. He made the following comment and then proceeded to denigrate hospitals and medical facilities. Grab your chairs:
We can bristle at the idea of chains and mass production, with their homogeneity, predictability, and constant genuflection to the value-for-money god. Then you spend a bad night in a “quaint” “one of a kind” bed-and-breakfast that turns out to have a manic, halitoxic innkeeper who can’t keep the hot water running, and it’s right back to the Hyatt.
Read more http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/08/13/120813fa_fact_gawande#ixzz26PFveoHh
I wrote my own letter to the Editor that will go out in the morning mail!

Grrrrrrr. Stereotype it all as the bad ones and ignore the vast majority, the good ones. Grrrrrrr.

Did the "manic, halitoxic innkeeper " part hit too close to home?
devil_smile.gif

devil_smile.gif
Proud Texan said:
devil_smile.gif
In the letter I wrote, I admitted to being a maniac - I GIVE FREE ROOMS to my City and the Lord's Pantry when they need them.

Back