Exhausted

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Samster,
Coming in late here as I have been too busy to post. I have 5 rooms, but no 2 room suites and I am tired when I have to do a full change over in a day...I have gotten into a routine that works well for me but know it is different for everyone of us for different reasons. But no matter what, you will be tired when you are through....I have not found the magical potion or spell for that yet.
Yes, spring has sprung in the south and the people are flocking down here to take in the beautiful weather and flowers. Our azaleas are in full bloom...Picture taken from my office window.
028.JPG

I know that your azaleas are not quite there yet, in the next couple of weeks though your area will be showing signs of colorful blooms. With the beautiful C. Gardens not far from you, I am sure you are going to be busy as a bee in the coming weeks. I hope you will forget that we are in a recession!
wink_smile.gif
I'm replying to you very late also. We get very few guests here that are going to the Gardens. They have built a HUGE hotel and spa, etc., etc. So they have a whole spa experience happening now and you can stay right there and not make the 45 minute drive. In the year we've been open, I think we've had 2 reservations that made the trip.
Azaleas are in full glory & the dogwoods popped a couple of days ago. We had gotten 4 inches of rain in a couple of days, so it really made everything bloom. And the pollen is terrible....

Hi Samster,
Coming in late here as I have been too busy to post. I have 5 rooms, but no 2 room suites and I am tired when I have to do a full change over in a day...I have gotten into a routine that works well for me but know it is different for everyone of us for different reasons. But no matter what, you will be tired when you are through....I have not found the magical potion or spell for that yet.
Yes, spring has sprung in the south and the people are flocking down here to take in the beautiful weather and flowers. Our azaleas are in full bloom...Picture taken from my office window.
028.JPG

I know that your azaleas are not quite there yet, in the next couple of weeks though your area will be showing signs of colorful blooms. With the beautiful C. Gardens not far from you, I am sure you are going to be busy as a bee in the coming weeks. I hope you will forget that we are in a recession!
wink_smile.gif
I'm replying to you very late also. We get very few guests here that are going to the Gardens. They have built a HUGE hotel and spa, etc., etc. So they have a whole spa experience happening now and you can stay right there and not make the 45 minute drive. In the year we've been open, I think we've had 2 reservations that made the trip.
Azaleas are in full glory & the dogwoods popped a couple of days ago. We had gotten 4 inches of rain in a couple of days, so it really made everything bloom. And the pollen is terrible....
Samster...Thanks for the reply. It has been several years since we have been to the Gardens but in my mind it was like yesterday. That is a beautiful place! I did not know about the Spa Hotel there. Normally we stayed with family but once stayed in the old motel there as it was a group trip with our old employer, it was.dated but it was very clean.
Do you advertise how close you are on your website? I would think that there are many that would make the day trip that also have reason to be in your town too.

Hi Samster,
028.JPG

wink_smile.gif
Samster...Thanks for the reply. It has been several years since we have been to the Gardens but in my mind it was like yesterday. That is a beautiful place! I did not know about the Spa Hotel there. Normally we stayed with family but once stayed in the old motel there as it was a group trip with our old employer, it was.dated but it was very clean.
Do you advertise how close you are on your website? I would think that there are many that would make the day trip that also have reason to be in your town too.
Yes, I do have the distance on the website as well as a link on our Attractions page. We have had guests Google bed and breakfasts for that location & find us. This new hotel is really something. In fact, one of our guests that was here for 4 days had a massage up there while touring some of the gardens and the butterfly center. The azaleas are not quite popping there whereas ours are in full bloom. We also have their brochures & maps here in our info area & I try to tell people about it. However, I like to keep people in our town! :) In fact, we had 3 rooms over the last several days who remarked that they had no idea that there was so much to do here :)

Back