Expanding ......

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tipsy Butler

Reaction score
...... and this time it's not just my waistline.
I'm a little nervous about posting this ..... but I'm also really excited.
We have reached an agreement to acquire another property ..... a 21 room, 22 acre, ocean-front lodge with additional staff quarters.
Enormous potential. Building is fairly new and built to a very high standard. The rooms are large, especially in what is currently called "The Annex". Two queen or one king bed in every room - all attached baths etc. Exterior cosmetics will make a big difference (it needs to look more lodge / cottage and less hunting cabin). The inside is superb. Vaulted log cabin style great room with stone fireplace and floor to ceiling glass overlooking the ocean. 300 foot pier and 15 deep water moorings. Restaurant, bar, commercial kitchen etc. We will be managing the property for the first year.
Obviously we've been working on this for quite a while now and I could go on for pages and pages, but I just wanted to take a minute to bring everyone into the loop.

Congratulations!!! I know you will do a fine job with it. I am very happy for you.

WOW sounds fantastic. So is this in a different town? OR in yours? Will you be selling your current place or is this in addition to it? What about your shop???
Sounds iike a lot on your plate..but exciting times ahead. Best of luck!

WOW sounds fantastic. So is this in a different town? OR in yours? Will you be selling your current place or is this in addition to it? What about your shop???
Sounds iike a lot on your plate..but exciting times ahead. Best of luck!.
Different town - Blue Hill Peninsula. Shop will almost certainly go. Tipsy DEFINITELY stays. DH will spend all of next summer there as manager while we concentrate on marketing, occupancy profit margins etc.
http://www.eggemogginlodge.com/

Different town - Blue Hill Peninsula. Shop will almost certainly go. Tipsy DEFINITELY stays. DH will spend all of next summer there as manager while we concentrate on marketing, occupancy profit margins etc.
WOW!! BEAUTIFUL!!!! Make sure you change that website so people can see the rooms:) And get realtime on line availability and reservations:)
Good luck!

WOW!! BEAUTIFUL!!!! Make sure you change that website so people can see the rooms:) And get realtime on line availability and reservations:)
Good luck!
Thanks so much. One of the primary reasons we're so thrilled is because there are so many little things that can be done that should make a huge difference. The location is extraordinary and it's going to be up to us to bring everything else in line.
The owners are absolutely fabulous (OK - too British I know) and we're itching to get started.

Had to dig for rates. But you know what needs changed. I am very happy for you. New things bring excitement even it there are problems. We all need excitement!

Holy cow! Good for you!I know where next year's innkeepers' getaway is gonna be looking at!

Wow, what a beautiful place! And it will blossom even more under your talent and care. Congratulations!
I have to say, at first glance I read the link to the website as 'egg nog inn lodge'. Isn't that a perfect match for the Tipsy Butler! :)

That is wonderful!! Congratulations!!!
cheers.gif

Congrats!
cheers.gif
You just didn't have quite enough to do, did you??
teeth_smile.gif

All best wishes for success in this newest venture!

Wow, 22 acres of waterfront property. I'm jealous!
Are they only open from June to October right now?

Wishing you the best of luck with this new addition. You must have more energy than I do.

Back