Extreme diets

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now I'm preparing my 3rd meal for a guest that is GF, egg free and dairy free except for butter. It's a pain and takes more time, but this guest does have medical reasons. She and her husband are on their honeymoon and the new husband can't eat gluten either because if he does, he can't kiss her! This morning's breakfast is mango/pineapple/banana smoothie, bacon, grits & GF, egg free apple coffeecake.

Right now I'm preparing my 3rd meal for a guest that is GF, egg free and dairy free except for butter. It's a pain and takes more time, but this guest does have medical reasons. She and her husband are on their honeymoon and the new husband can't eat gluten either because if he does, he can't kiss her! This morning's breakfast is mango/pineapple/banana smoothie, bacon, grits & GF, egg free apple coffeecake..
Oh my that could put a crimp in their love life.
embaressed_smile.gif

Hi Morticia.
I have a suggestion for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv7qh_XL_yM

Please don't overlook the greatest breakfast food of all, potatoes..
Joey Bloggs said:
Please don't overlook the greatest breakfast food of all, potatoes.
Love spuds. Have been told by guests, 'We don't eat potatoes for breakfast. Potatoes are for dinner.' (Same guests also dented my car so I'm still peeved at that comment.)

Joey Bloggs said:
Haven't decided whether to turn on the oven for just potatoes yet
devil_smile.gif

Innkeep said:
Joey Bloggs said:
devil_smile.gif
Fry them! That's what the main entree was yesterday for my dietary challenged guest. If you microwave the potato almost to the done point, then cut into cubes, it takes less oil and they crisp up really nice. I fried them up with veggies and served it as a scramble. Everything on top of the stove.

My latest incoming challenge is no dairy and no grains. Fruit it is. Haven't gotten specifics because reservation is a third party..
Innkeep said:
My latest incoming challenge is no dairy and no grains. Fruit it is. Haven't gotten specifics because reservation is a third party.
So, eggs?

Joey Bloggs said:
devil_smile.gif

Innkeep said:
Joey Bloggs said:
devil_smile.gif
Oven?
You make fried tators on the stove. :)

Joey Bloggs said:
Love spuds. Have been told by guests, 'We don't eat potatoes for breakfast. Potatoes are for dinner.' (Same guests also dented my car so I'm still peeved at that comment.)
Morticia said:
Joey Bloggs said:
What guests? The guests you are trying to please who can't eat other foods?
  • Hash browns
  • Potatoes O'Brien
  • Fried Potatoes
  • Home fries
  • those weird formed triangle thingies at fast food restaurants
and here is a photo just to confirm that JB really does have a great idea here, called BEST BREAKFAST POTATOES EVER by The Pioneer Woman. Google and you will find 1million ways to make potatoes for breakfast, and yes people eat them for breakfast, they also eat MEAT for breakfast, bacon, sausage, ham, porkchops and steak - that used to be very popular! They even called them breakfast steaks. :)

I just came across this very simple recipe. I haven't made it yet, but it sounds like you might be able to serve it to all guests, not just the vegan, dairy free ones. I wish I had this recipe last couple of days!
Almond Cream With Berries

My latest incoming challenge is no dairy and no grains. Fruit it is. Haven't gotten specifics because reservation is a third party..
Are they Paleo/Stone Age diet? Those folks generally avoid both

Are they Paleo/Stone Age diet? Those folks generally avoid both
Paleo is meat, fish, fruit, vegetables. No dairy, no grains, no legumes, no sugar, no salt, no alcohol, coffee or tea.
Give them an apple. DONE!

Joey Bloggs said:
Morticia said:
Joey Bloggs said:
  • Hash browns
  • Potatoes O'Brien
  • Fried Potatoes
  • Home fries
and here is a photo just to confirm that JB really does have a great idea here, called BEST BREAKFAST POTATOES EVER by The Pioneer Woman. Google and you will find 1million ways to make potatoes for breakfast, and yes people eat them for breakfast, they also eat MEAT for breakfast, bacon, sausage, ham, porkchops and steak - that used to be very popular! They even called them breakfast steaks. :)
Thanks for all the potato people to chime in. I'm sure I'll figure out what to feed them when they come in 2 weeks, and Joey, i do a similar breakfast potato, but I think I'll try jacking up the oven to 500. Hope it doesn't set off the fire alarms

Joey Bloggs said:
Morticia said:
Joey Bloggs said:
  • Hash browns
  • Potatoes O'Brien
  • Fried Potatoes
  • Home fries
Thanks for all the potato people to chime in. I'm sure I'll figure out what to feed them when they come in 2 weeks, and Joey, i do a similar breakfast potato, but I think I'll try jacking up the oven to 500. Hope it doesn't set off the fire alarms
I started doing this for gluten/dairy free guests a couple years ago and everyone loves it -- a twice baked scrambled egg stuffed potato. Poke a potato and microwave it for several minutes. Cut just the top off and scoop out the inside. Brush the inside with margarine (or butter if they can have dairy), salt & pepper it and stick it in your oven or toaster oven to stay warm and crisp up. Make scrambled eggs (add veggies & herbs if you like) and fill the potato. I make an asiago cheese sauce for everyone who can have cheese and spoon that across the top, sprinkle with chives or scallions and you're ready to go.

We can modify our continental or our traditional breakfast by replacing the smoked salmon or kalua pig with grilled eggplant and making a GF Vegan bread. Extra Firm Tofu with nutritional yeast is a great egg substitute.

We have some gluten-free wraps we keep in the freezer. When we get vegetarians, we make grilled veggie wraps with eggs. Vegans? We just leave out the eggs. We also have veggie sausage we get from a food service vendor that we keep in the freezer.
No biggie. Part of my Boy Scout training ("Be Prepared!")

For this, no matter what you serve it will be something different for this 1 guest. Here are a couple ideas that I find easy enough to fix for one. I know Gomez has limited space in which something special no matter how simple is not that easy to do.
Tofu, green pepper, onion scramble topped with fresh tomatoes. Grits.
Yellow squash, zucchini and onion stir fry..
It's a full weekend. 16+ guests. 12+ guests going to this same graduation need to be fed and out the door by 8:30 to get to the school.
3-4 other guests here for a race. Also need to be fed and out the door at the same time.
It's oatmeal because everyone else is having quiche. It has to be something that gets plated and served within 2-3 minutes. So no extra cooking can take place when all the counter space is covered with plates and the stove top has the quiches and the sausages.
I can make gf corn bread.
I should really stop posting my problem breakfasts because I feel like such a loser and horrible host when I just can't make these different meals. ;-)
And that is why I stock frozen GF Vegan toaster waffles. Pop in toaster, add a little fruit and out it goes. It's simple and doesn't take up space in my itzy bitzy kitchen.
Jon Sable said:
And that is why I stock frozen GF Vegan toaster waffles. Pop in toaster, add a little fruit and out it goes. It's simple and doesn't take up space in my itzy bitzy kitchen.
I just discovered these this week for a gluten free, dairy free, no beef guest... I did three days of various eggs and potatoes, but then I finally got to the store and tried these on the fourth day, when I also had another guest who was dairy free. Waffles for everyone! I tried one and it was surprisingly good. So next time I'm shopping I'm buying another package and storing it in the deep freezer.
=)
Kk.

For this, no matter what you serve it will be something different for this 1 guest. Here are a couple ideas that I find easy enough to fix for one. I know Gomez has limited space in which something special no matter how simple is not that easy to do.
Tofu, green pepper, onion scramble topped with fresh tomatoes. Grits.
Yellow squash, zucchini and onion stir fry..
It's a full weekend. 16+ guests. 12+ guests going to this same graduation need to be fed and out the door by 8:30 to get to the school.
3-4 other guests here for a race. Also need to be fed and out the door at the same time.
It's oatmeal because everyone else is having quiche. It has to be something that gets plated and served within 2-3 minutes. So no extra cooking can take place when all the counter space is covered with plates and the stove top has the quiches and the sausages.
I can make gf corn bread.
I should really stop posting my problem breakfasts because I feel like such a loser and horrible host when I just can't make these different meals. ;-)
Jon Sable said:
I just discovered these this week for a gluten free, dairy free, no beef guest... I did three days of various eggs and potatoes, but then I finally got to the store and tried these on the fourth day, when I also had another guest who was dairy free. Waffles for everyone! I tried one and it was surprisingly good. So next time I'm shopping I'm buying another package and storing it in the deep freezer.
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
Jon Sable said:
=)
Kk.
Thank you for this.
We had a call yesterday of a sister in law who wanted to order a cheese and fruit plate for her rel's here Sat for an anniversary who are VEGAN.
Both of them are Vegan, not Vegetarian. Bless her heart...

Back