Extreme diets

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Vegan, no gluten.
We do not make or serve veggies for breakfast unless they are encased in eggs. Normally we do a wonderful vegan pancake made with bananas. Totally am not baking oatmeal for one person.
What's left? Water? Air?

Salad (diced cucumber, tomato, green pepper and a little onion). Instant oatmeal. Vegan GF frozen waffles (toaster). GF bread and jam (no honey). Fried diced tofu. Fried thin tofu slices.

Sliced fruit, nuts, soy yogurthttp, nonwheat cereal, gf toast and homemade jam and nut butters, juices, smoothies

Salad (diced cucumber, tomato, green pepper and a little onion). Instant oatmeal. Vegan GF frozen waffles (toaster). GF bread and jam (no honey). Fried diced tofu. Fried thin tofu slices..
I'm picking instant oatmeal.
I know it sounds like no big deal to throw together a salad but it is a huge deal when there is no space to have multiple different meals going on at the same time. That's me.
Just had a guest with multiple dietary issues who brought her own food. Wonderful. We had a nice chat about trying to find food when you are limited.
Vegan guests are coming on a holiday weekend to attend a graduation. The school puts on quite the spread so I'm sure they can graze their way thru that.

For this, no matter what you serve it will be something different for this 1 guest. Here are a couple ideas that I find easy enough to fix for one. I know Gomez has limited space in which something special no matter how simple is not that easy to do.
Tofu, green pepper, onion scramble topped with fresh tomatoes. Grits.
Yellow squash, zucchini and onion stir fry.

Salad (diced cucumber, tomato, green pepper and a little onion). Instant oatmeal. Vegan GF frozen waffles (toaster). GF bread and jam (no honey). Fried diced tofu. Fried thin tofu slices..
I know it sounds like no big deal to throw together a salad but it is a huge deal when there is no space to have multiple different meals going on at the same time. That's me.
Just had a guest with multiple dietary issues who brought her own food. Wonderful. We had a nice chat about trying to find food when you are limited.
Vegan guests are coming on a holiday weekend to attend a graduation. The school puts on quite the spread so I'm sure they can graze their way thru that.
I went on pin terest and put gluten free+ vegan+ breakfast recipes in a search and came up with an interesting assortment of things that looked pretty good.

For this, no matter what you serve it will be something different for this 1 guest. Here are a couple ideas that I find easy enough to fix for one. I know Gomez has limited space in which something special no matter how simple is not that easy to do.
Yellow squash, zucchini and onion stir fry..
It's a full weekend. 16+ guests. 12+ guests going to this same graduation need to be fed and out the door by 8:30 to get to the school.
3-4 other guests here for a race. Also need to be fed and out the door at the same time.
It's oatmeal because everyone else is having quiche. It has to be something that gets plated and served within 2-3 minutes. So no extra cooking can take place when all the counter space is covered with plates and the stove top has the quiches and the sausages.
I can make gf corn bread.
I should really stop posting my problem breakfasts because I feel like such a loser and horrible host when I just can't make these different meals. ;-)

It's a full weekend. 16+ guests. 12+ guests going to this same graduation need to be fed and out the door by 8:30 to get to the school.
3-4 other guests here for a race. Also need to be fed and out the door at the same time.
It's oatmeal because everyone else is having quiche. It has to be something that gets plated and served within 2-3 minutes. So no extra cooking can take place when all the counter space is covered with plates and the stove top has the quiches and the sausages.
I should really stop posting my problem breakfasts because I feel like such a loser and horrible host when I just can't make these different meals. ;-)
Don't beat yourself up over this.
I know, speak for myself!!!
cry_smile.gif

We all want to give them something special. But usually they are just fine with easy!

The perfect advice K-I-S-S
Now remind me of this next time I bring up my special diet guest needs!

With the salad, you could do the components the day before and package in zip bags in the fridge. I have done this for holiday meals to save my knees when having to do so much the day of. I cut up the tomatoes, cukes, lettuce (torn, not cut), drained & rinsed the black olives and then bagged each separately to dump in the bowl just before serving.

And that is why I stock frozen GF Vegan toaster waffles. Pop in toaster, add a little fruit and out it goes. It's simple and doesn't take up space in my itzy bitzy kitchen.

And that is why I stock frozen GF Vegan toaster waffles. Pop in toaster, add a little fruit and out it goes. It's simple and doesn't take up space in my itzy bitzy kitchen.
Second toaster for gf? No room.

Just give them fruit and juice or tell them to bring their own food
devil_smile.gif

More info came in today. No longer worrying. This is all a choice, none of it is related to being allergic to anything.
They would like a choice of different vegan meals to pick from and they do eat dairy as long as it is organic and that's it right there.
Oatmeal it is.

More info came in today. No longer worrying. This is all a choice, none of it is related to being allergic to anything.
They would like a choice of different vegan meals to pick from and they do eat dairy as long as it is organic and that's it right there.
Oatmeal it is..
Grrrrrrr. People!

If they say just GF, same damn toaster. If they say celiac, we have a toaster in the closet we pull out for the three minutes. It's one of those expensive $10 toasters we keep locked up because we don't trust anyone but ourselves to ensure it stays celiac.

If they say just GF, same damn toaster. If they say celiac, we have a toaster in the closet we pull out for the three minutes. It's one of those expensive $10 toasters we keep locked up because we don't trust anyone but ourselves to ensure it stays celiac.
I always ask. If nothing else it points out to the self diagnosed that those who suffer from celiac can't even use the same toaster. Or pans. Or even have gluten in their kitchen anywhere.
As it turns out, this is totally choice, not disease. Therefore, nothing special required.

Love the GF waffles idea. Must look for them so we have them next time. I also love the oatmeal idea.
We also stock GF granola. And always, fruit and yogurt. (I know there was a vegan issue, so no yogurt, but for the GF folks, it's there.)

My latest incoming challenge is no dairy and no grains. Fruit it is. Haven't gotten specifics because reservation is a third party.

Please don't overlook the greatest breakfast food of all, potatoes.

Back