Facebook help a sistuh out

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
So if you are facebook, please share our posts (when you wish to) and we will share yours, this is how it is done, this is how we can get a better reach.
If you don't want to, let us know and we will stop following you. Just want to explain how it works, so we can help each other out and get some love~
Thanks. :)

Wow, I wasn't following you on my personal or business page. WTH?!? I thought I was... anyhow, that's been fixed =)
Will do, sistuh!

Thanks for posting this JB. I think I am not afraid to say I don't have a clue how this is done, I only started doing comments and likes to comments when a friend said....UMMM you know....NO, I didn't!
embaressed_smile.gif
Talk about socially awkward!

Thanks for posting this JB. I think I am not afraid to say I don't have a clue how this is done, I only started doing comments and likes to comments when a friend said....UMMM you know....NO, I didn't!
embaressed_smile.gif
Talk about socially awkward!.
If you "Like" her page from your business page, you will start seeing her posts in your feed. Then, just hit the Share button under it and it will now show up in your feed for your audience to see. Once, JB follows your page, she'll start sharing your posts for her audience to view.
And also watch out for the Sort setting on your feed. You will see it right under the Status box when you are looking at your Feed (not on your homepage). I think it reverts to "Top Stories" which will only give you a limited number of posts. But, if you click on it to change it to "Most Recent" you should get everything in chronological order.

embaressed_smile.gif
If you "Like" her page from your business page, you will start seeing her posts in your feed. Then, just hit the Share button under it and it will now show up in your feed for your audience to see. Once, JB follows your page, she'll start sharing your posts for her audience to view.
And also watch out for the Sort setting on your feed. You will see it right under the Status box when you are looking at your Feed (not on your homepage). I think it reverts to "Top Stories" which will only give you a limited number of posts. But, if you click on it to change it to "Most Recent" you should get everything in chronological order.
I only have a business page...being of a very private nature, DH had his page, and we set up from there. We claimed the fb page, and merged the page DH had set up for the business. I wonder if because I view pages only from the business page that not all features show up for me? I don't see a way to "like" JB's page? I only figured out yesterday I can hover over a persons avatar and see who they are, click and it takes me there...maybe I'm still doing something wrong?

embaressed_smile.gif
Best to like the other biz pages with your biz page. That way when you like or share YOUR biz name gets out there, too.

embaressed_smile.gif
I only have a business page...being of a very private nature, DH had his page, and we set up from there. We claimed the fb page, and merged the page DH had set up for the business. I wonder if because I view pages only from the business page that not all features show up for me? I don't see a way to "like" JB's page? I only figured out yesterday I can hover over a persons avatar and see who they are, click and it takes me there...maybe I'm still doing something wrong?
If you see something in your biz feed you like, hover over the name of the other biz and you'll get a pop up that lets you like them. Otherwise, just go to the page you like (by searching for it in the search bar at the top of FB) and like from there.
I will say that the search bar forces more popular pages at you first. Even tho I have a lot of likes of local businesses, if I go to the search bar to look for them quickly, I get a lot of crap pages I don't even want to know exist. And, sometimes I type the entire name out as I know it is on FB and I don't get the page I want.
I'd like to think it's a grand, paid plot to get me to like other stuff, but I really think it's just that it's a free service and that's the way it is.

Is there a list somewhere on Innspiring that shows all of the Innspiring B&Bs? That would make searching for them to like them on FB easier...
Thanks!

Is there a list somewhere on Innspiring that shows all of the Innspiring B&Bs? That would make searching for them to like them on FB easier...
Thanks!.
It's an opt in kind of list. But, we could start a 'blind' list of FB pages. So, if you are inncognito on here you could still have your FB page listed.
If anyone wants to email their FB page link to me I'd be happy to start the list. And not tell who you are!

I am clicking through and like, like, like!
Here's ours if you wanna like us too:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Willow-Pond-Bed-Breakfast/93946116236?ref=hl
Thank you!
Laurie.
Here's an example of not being able to find you on FB. I followed your link to your FB page and I was logged on to FB with my personal profile. I liked your page. Then I wanted to like your page as my b&b, but when I changed to my business profile and did a search on FB, I couldn't find you at all! I then went to your website to click through to your FB page, but there's no social media buttons on your website.
Long story short, I finally got to you with the biz like, but it was tough!

Not only should we 'like' each other's pages, but feel free to 'like' posts you actually do enjoy. Every little bit helps!

embaressed_smile.gif
If you see something in your biz feed you like, hover over the name of the other biz and you'll get a pop up that lets you like them. Otherwise, just go to the page you like (by searching for it in the search bar at the top of FB) and like from there.
I will say that the search bar forces more popular pages at you first. Even tho I have a lot of likes of local businesses, if I go to the search bar to look for them quickly, I get a lot of crap pages I don't even want to know exist. And, sometimes I type the entire name out as I know it is on FB and I don't get the page I want.
I'd like to think it's a grand, paid plot to get me to like other stuff, but I really think it's just that it's a free service and that's the way it is.
You know, this is the kind of stuff that I was running into, and because I don't have a clue, figured it was me doing something wrong. Wouldn't this be nice if there were something actually intuitive about this? This kind of thread makes me more encouraged to keep trying. Thanks!

Thank you!
Laurie.
Here's an example of not being able to find you on FB. I followed your link to your FB page and I was logged on to FB with my personal profile. I liked your page. Then I wanted to like your page as my b&b, but when I changed to my business profile and did a search on FB, I couldn't find you at all! I then went to your website to click through to your FB page, but there's no social media buttons on your website.
There is a facebook widget on the bottom left corner of the homepage...
omg_smile.gif
DH updated the website recently, must have overlooked the buttons, they were on there before! Twit-ter, Fb the whole shi-bang! Thanks for bringing this to my attention!!

embaressed_smile.gif
OK, bear with me please. So if we all "Like" each other here, then won't all of everybodys posts start showing up on our feeds? Are we supposed to share it all? Won't that be a little mushroom cloud like? My little pea brain is spinning...

embaressed_smile.gif
OK, bear with me please. So if we all "Like" each other here, then won't all of everybodys posts start showing up on our feeds? Are we supposed to share it all? Won't that be a little mushroom cloud like? My little pea brain is spinning...
white pine said:
I wouldn't share everything. If there's something you think would be cool for your fans to see, then share. Feel free to like anything and everything.

Thank you!
Laurie.
There is a facebook widget on the bottom left corner of the homepage...
omg_smile.gif
DH updated the website recently, must have overlooked the buttons, they were on there before! Twit-ter, Fb the whole shi-bang! Thanks for bringing this to my attention!!
Oh, I see it now! I think I overlooked it because of all the logos you have in that area. Most websites these days have the small little icons in a row up towards the top of the page. I think you would get a few more 'likes' if it were in the more standard format.

Ours is simple, http://www.facebook.com/harborfields
I have liked a couple of FB pages of Inns here from my personal profile, but by no means all of you (yet), and I enjoy seeing what you all are doing with the medium.
I will say that it is (usually? often?) possible to "share" stuff that you find in your own personal newsfeed with your business page. When you click "share" you are presented with an opportunity to add your own caption/thoughts and there is a pull-down menu "Share with..."
I will also point out that one page "liking" another page does not add to the liked page's count of likes -- the count of likes only includes actual people (well, FB profiles of people) who have liked the page....

embaressed_smile.gif
Yes, the posts will show up in your feed, the one you read. If, however, you don't interact with those posts they will eventually stop showing up in your feed. Unless your fans are actually ON your feed (actually looking right at your feed, not looking at their own feed) they won't see anything unless you like it.
Share or like what you really like because that will show up in your outgoing feed to your fans. Don't overwhelm your fans with everything.
So, maybe 1-2 shares per day intermixed with what you want them to know about your place. Space it out during the day.

Ours is simple, http://www.facebook.com/harborfields
I have liked a couple of FB pages of Inns here from my personal profile, but by no means all of you (yet), and I enjoy seeing what you all are doing with the medium.
I will say that it is (usually? often?) possible to "share" stuff that you find in your own personal newsfeed with your business page. When you click "share" you are presented with an opportunity to add your own caption/thoughts and there is a pull-down menu "Share with..."
I will also point out that one page "liking" another page does not add to the liked page's count of likes -- the count of likes only includes actual people (well, FB profiles of people) who have liked the page.....
I liked your page, then clicked on the "BOOK NOW" (I like this logo!) but it took me to a page that said "Reservation Application not added". Just wondering if you knew about that?!

Back