Facebook observation

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
I usually post a lot of photos on FB to show guests what's going on around here, etc. What I've noticed over the past month is one line posts with no photos get more views than photo posts. (Triple the views in most cases.) Anyone else seeing that FB doesn't want photos but wants 140 chars or less?
Obviously, this is something other than photos that go viral. Just general posting.

Another Facebook observation/topic hijack: has anybody else noticed that unsolicited advertisements are now showing up occasionally inside the Facebook news feed? It calls them "suggested" or "recommended" or something like that. I call it SPAM!
If you hide the ad, they ask you to click a link to tell them what kind of ads you would LIKE to see! "None" doesn't seem to be an option.

I have seen a few. I think they only show in your personal feed? Not if you have a biz listing? I post so little on my personal page that maybe I'm no one's target mkt!

Back